Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth

Moving to Perth

Old Feb 19th 2012, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

fiona17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth

Hi all

My name is Fiona and my hubby has just secured a job in Perth, we are hoping to arrive in 6-8weeks. Can anybody give my any advice on renting an apartment and where is an ok place to live. I think I would like to be near other expats to start off with.
In the Uk I work with as a Childcare Manager as anybody got any advice on how to see if my Quals are recogniced please.
I seem to have a hundred question but bore you with them all.
Any advice to living in Perth will be great.
Thank you
Fi xxx

PS- scared and excited at the same time
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:31 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth

Hi Fiona

Welcome to BE - you have definitely come to the right place for help and advice to help you through the nervewrackiong but hugely exciting move accross the world.
I would recommend you check out our Australia forum, where you can chat with lots of expats who have eiether made the move or like you are in the process of moving, so they can give you lots of good tips. You will find the Oz forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click on Australia and you're in.
The thread called 'the barbie' is where all the chit chat goes on, although I would advise you start a new thread with any questions you have.
You can aslo start making friends with people in your new neighbourhood to be as we have plenty of BE members who have moved to Perth.

All the very best with your move

Dread - x
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with the move Fiona. Perth sounds like a fantastic place. Do join in on the Aussie forums. Lots of good folks on there to help you out.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fiona,

Congratulations on the job offer and your soon to be new adventure. We know exactly how you feel, it is indeed a scary and exciting time all at once. But you will find many kindred spirits here, so please dive in and meet people in the Australia section. We've had many, many members make friends online who've then become friends offline, and who knows you may well be one of them.

Welcome, welcome
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary