Moving to Oz

Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Mikeya is a jewel in the roughMikeya is a jewel in the roughMikeya is a jewel in the roughMikeya is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving to Oz

Hi...first post and not alot of knowledge re visa etc!

First question is ...I have been offered a position in Perth and future employer is providing 457 visa. I know this is a temp work visa and is valid for upto 4 years. What happens after that? Can myself and family apply for permanent residency and if so would i have to leave the country whilst this decision in finalised?
This has prob been posted previously but just thought id ask before searching!

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by Mikeya

First question is ...I have been offered a position in Perth and future employer is providing 457 visa. I know this is a temp work visa and is valid for upto 4 years. What happens after that? Can myself and family apply for permanent residency and if so would i have to leave the country whilst this decision in finalised?

Thanks in advance!
Hello Mike...welcome to BE.

Although we have lots of helpful members who will help you with the immigration process...it's always nice if new members do a little groundwork first. I recommend you take a look in the BE Wiki and either take a look through the threads in the Australia Immigration Forum or use the BE search engine to look for them. There may also be relevant information in the stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page...please take time to read through them before you begin to post.

I suggest you post your immigration questions in the Australia Immigration Forum. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

Kelli, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 20th 2011 at 2:55 am. Reason: change name of a concierge
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:07 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance!
Hi Makeya,

Jerseygirl has you pretty well sorted for links and pointed you in the right directions here ...
and so I'll simply bid you greetings from Ontario, Canada!

With every good wish,
Christian
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:42 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance!
Hiya mikeya, I see you have already been given the link to aus immigration forum, so just a big hello and welcome to BE from me
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:44 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

And it's hello from them and it's hello from me.