Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

moving out from europe to congo

moving out from europe to congo

Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

almarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nice
Default moving out from europe to congo

hello everyone,

i'am new on this site,a bit scary for me about moving out from europe to congo. my husband got a job there,things that out of our plan. we have four children the reason why i'm afraid to move to congo, i hope that i can find some informations about things happens and how is life living in africa.? how about the children security and school there,is there any convenient english school in congo.? please give me advice to convince me to follow my husband to his work with our children.

many thanks,
almarvicmar
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: moving out from europe to congo

Hi there.
I can't help with any of that as I emigrated to New Zealand a few years back but just want to wish you a warm welcome to this little corner called British Expats.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:33 am
Just Joined

almarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nicealmarvicmar is just really nice

hei bev,

thank you for welcoming me on this site, i really appreciated. just big scared due what i've heard all the happenning to africa,at the same i dont know anything about living there not even in congo. i wish there is somebody there that can tell me or say something about life or staying specially in congo.

almarvicmar
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by almarvicmar
hello everyone,

i'am new on this site,a bit scary for me about moving out from europe to congo. my husband got a job there,things that out of our plan. we have four children the reason why i'm afraid to move to congo, i hope that i can find some informations about things happens and how is life living in africa.? how about the children security and school there,is there any convenient english school in congo.? please give me advice to convince me to follow my husband to his work with our children.

many thanks,
almarvicmar
Hello there and welcome to BE.

Here is the link to BE's Africa forum...perhaps you could repost your questions in there. Hopefully there will be someone who can help you with your concerns. Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:31 am
Just Joined

granma2b will become famous soon enough

Try to talk him out of moving to the congo it is considered one of the most dangerous places on earth. There is no way that i would move there with 4 children. Just google congo and see what comes up. Dont take a risk like that.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 4:45 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Got to admit I was curious about this move. I checked with the foreign office website. (It's a good resource)

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/

First thing that surprised me was that there are two Congos...! Just shows my ignorance. Anyway there is a republic of Congo and a democratic republic of Congo. The democratic republic seems to be in the worst state at the moment and has the highest risk.

Anyway hope you get some helpful feedback from the African sub forum whichever one you are considering going to.

Cheers,

WP