Reload this Page >

Moving to Melbourne - professional advice

Moving to Melbourne - professional advice

Old Sep 4th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Debsnumpty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Melbourne - professional advice

Hi there

We are thinking of moving to Melbourne - all very exciting. My husband has received a job offer so it's looking like a realistic dream. We have two children, aged five and seven so it's a big decision to make and I was wondering if there was a good source of advice for:
- checking employment contracts and packages - what's normal to expect
- advising on education - schools etc

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Melbourne - professional advice

Originally Posted by Debsnumpty
Hi there

We are thinking of moving to Melbourne - all very exciting. My husband has received a job offer so it's looking like a realistic dream. We have two children, aged five and seven so it's a big decision to make and I was wondering if there was a good source of advice for:

Welcome to BE

Some obvious links to get you started on the research:

www.realestate.com.au
Main area for rental sales and general maps to give you idea of areas near work and schools

www.carsales.com.au
Main area for research car prices, models be it new or 2nd hand

www.seek.com.au
jobs and comparative research or for 2nd job (just in case),
Old Sep 4th 2013, 11:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

all good links given below

also have a chat with the people on the Australian forum section. people going through the process and many who are there and been through it so lots of help and advice freely available

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs and welcome to the forum . As Mrs Fychan says, do check out the Aussie section on here. All the best with your plans
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Debsnumpty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. I'll try over there!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debsnumpty
Hi there

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary