Reload this Page >

Moving to Lucca August 2013

Moving to Lucca August 2013

Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

martinpackford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Lucca August 2013

Hi,

I am a 27 year old moving to Lucca next month for a year with my girlfriend who is starting work at an international school in the city. We only decided to move out there a month ago and still have many things to sort out, most pressing of all is the search for accommodation! If anybody has any suggestions or knows anybody letting then it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Martin & Emma

P.s. We know very little Italian so far and know absolutely no one in the area so it would be nice to meet some English speakers!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:44 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lucca August 2013

Hello Martin and Emma

This is the link to the Italian forum:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

I can't answer your specific questions but have a look round that forum and start a new thread if you have any further questions
Good luck with the move, wow you do things quickly

P
Old Jul 26th 2013, 1:08 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to the forum

As Persephone said, do check out the Italy section on here. Best place to connect with others in Italy. All the best.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to BE and congratulations on your move to Lucca! It's my favourite place in Italy that I have been to so far and I would love to live there for a bit (although I'm moving to the US tomorrow!).

I was over in Lucca last June though and it's gorgeous, plus there are so many great places nearby to see. I'm very jealous of you as I have a real soft spot for Italy.

IMO Italian is a fairly straightforward language to learn but you have to stick at it as it leaves you too easily too. I was teaching myself via CD and also websites and there are some great iPhone apps/ dictionaries. The BBC is a good place for beginners but there is also a site called Live Mocha which is interactive and gives you a chance to practice verbally too. It has a social networking aspect to it, so a good place to meet some Italians who can help you with your language and orientation. I have an Italian friend who I met on it and she used to work in Lucca, but she's actually living in Somerset now! However if you want me to ask her about potential accommodation I can do? She was actually from Pescia, but I'm sure she would know.

Best of luck in any case! Enjoy it! Lucca รจ meravigliosa!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary