Reload this Page >

Moving to Denver

Moving to Denver

Old Jul 13th 2015, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Lorraine60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Denver

Hi my name is Lorraine

My husband and I are hoping to move to Denver in the next couple of months. We are both retired from work, but not from life. Hope to do lots of exploring and stay as active as possible in our new life. We have a son and two Grandchildren living in Denver and that is the reason for our move. Any tips, useful information with regards to our move would be gratefully received.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Denver

Originally Posted by Lorraine60
Hi my name is Lorraine

My husband and I are hoping to move to Denver in the next couple of months. We are both retired from work, but not from life. Hope to do lots of exploring and stay as active as possible in our new life. We have a son and two Grandchildren living in Denver and that is the reason for our move. Any tips, useful information with regards to our move would be gratefully received.
...... and your son is sponsoring you for a visa?
Old Jul 13th 2015, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Yes he is
Old Jul 13th 2015, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he is
Looks like you are all set then.

Denver is a fun place to visit (don't know much about living there I will admit) but it has great place around to hike, bike and see nature at its best.

Hope you have researched your options on medical insurance - the one thing that is vital for living in the US.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 3:39 am
Just Joined

health insurance will be one of the first things we look at once we get there. Our daughter in law who is American will show us the way.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

health insurance will be one of the first things we look at once we get there. Our daughter in law who is American will show us the way.
I don't know much about US health insurance, but I do know that I've seen many threads on the forums from people in your situation who've discovered that they can't afford to move to the US due to the high cost of insurance premiums each month.

Obviously if you're very wealthy then it's fine, but if not then I'd suggest you research it asap just so you have an idea of what it could cost, perhaps start a thread in the main US forums asking for advice and ideas of what others in similar circumstances pay.

Good luck.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Still working my way around the site, but will do that. We are certainly not very wealthy, but we think we have it covered.