Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada in August

Moving to Canada in August

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:30 am
Just Joined

gareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nice
Default Moving to Canada in August

Hi folks, I thought i would first introduce myself on here and get to know some people!
I am moving to Saskatchewan in August of this year...not long really!! nerves starting to kick in i think! I am moving with my son Connor and my wife who is Canadian so i am lucky in that sence that i have someone who is already familiar with Canada and has family and friends there too...
I flew to Canada last August for the first time and i absolutely loved it! we traveled around Saskatchewan/Alberta and it was amazing.
My wife is a teacher, me too! so we are both hoping that we will be able to find work??...We have one son Connor who is 8 and rather excited about the move, but he says he will miss his Nanny and grandad in England
( my parents ) I have to say i am with him on that, the thought of leaving my family and friends leaves me feeling sad and somewhat empty...But on the other hand i can hardly control the excitment!!
So there it is really in a nut shell, it would be lovely to speak to anyone on here really and hear there positive and negatives experiances and it turn make friends!! Gareth....
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:49 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada in August

Hi Gareth and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Canada can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I might suggest that you repost your enquiry in the main Canada forum here : that's not to say that you posted in the wrong place, quite the reverse, it helps us to see you when you first post.

Best of luck to you.

Alistair.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gareth29
Hi folks, I thought i would first introduce myself on here and get to know some people!
I am moving to Saskatchewan in August of this year...not long really!! nerves starting to kick in i think! I am moving with my son Connor and my wife who is Canadian so i am lucky in that sence that i have someone who is already familiar with Canada and has family and friends there too...
I flew to Canada last August for the first time and i absolutely loved it! we traveled around Saskatchewan/Alberta and it was amazing.
My wife is a teacher, me too! so we are both hoping that we will be able to find work??...We have one son Connor who is 8 and rather excited about the move, but he says he will miss his Nanny and grandad in England
( my parents ) I have to say i am with him on that, the thought of leaving my family and friends leaves me feeling sad and somewhat empty...But on the other hand i can hardly control the excitment!!
So there it is really in a nut shell, it would be lovely to speak to anyone on here really and hear there positive and negatives experiances and it turn make friends!! Gareth....
Welcome aboard Gareth. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Saying goodbye to family and friends is heartbreaking...but the world is a small place nowadays and they can always visit. Where in Canada are you moving to?

I'll give you a few links to point you in the right direct. Our members who post in the Canada Forums are a great crowd...they will help you with any questions you may have about moving to Canada. If you click here it will take you directly to the main index page of the Canada Forum. At the top you will see a list of sub forums...the first one is the Immigration Forum...please post all questions regarding the immigration process there. Many of our regular members who frequent that forum have immigration experience and they will help you through the process. The general forum is for topics related to Canada and the Maple Leaf forum is for general chit chat. Before you begin to post please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you need any help. Good luck with the move.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

gareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nicegareth29 is just really nice

Hey Alister and Jerseygirl, Thank you so much for your warm welcome and for all the good advice!! I will be sure to post in the main Canadian forum...
We will be living in outlook Saskatchewan just about 40 mins from Saskatoon! and your totally right it is a small world and only a plain ride away!
Can you tell me what airline is most popular and cheapest?? We used Air Canada last time and it was good but costly!!

Anyway thanks Guys for your welcome
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gareth29
Hey Alister and Jerseygirl, Thank you so much for your warm welcome and for all the good advice!! I will be sure to post in the main Canadian forum...
We will be living in outlook Saskatchewan just about 40 mins from Saskatoon! and your totally right it is a small world and only a plain ride away!
Can you tell me what airline is most popular and cheapest?? We used Air Canada last time and it was good but costly!!

Anyway thanks Guys for your welcome
Hi Gareth...sorry I don't know about airlines to Canada but if you repost your question in the Canada Forum you'll probably get the answer.