Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada????

Moving to Canada????

Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Location: I currently live just outside of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
xxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nice
Default Moving to Canada????

Hey everyone,

My name is Ashley, I'm 33 and I am looking at moving to Canada. Something I've always wanted to do. I'm majorly confused though as every website you seem to go onto is referring you to another one....

any good tips for the best web site to be on (other than this one)

Thank you,

Ashley
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:27 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada????

Hi Ashley

Welcome to BE for the second time...I take it you decided against Australia in the long term then?

We also have a dedicated Canada forum which you will find on the main forum index page where you can chat with other expats who have already made the move to live and work in Canada. They are a friendly and decent bunch on that particular forum so it may be worthwhile sticking to one forum to avoid the same confusion you had before....and what I can say about the advice those on the Canada forum give is it must be OK and accurate because they retain tons of members who join whilst still in the UK and remain here when their move is complete.

All the very best to you

Dread - x
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:52 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxAshleyLxx

Hey everyone,

My name is Ashley, I'm 33 and I am looking at moving to Canada. Something I've always wanted to do. I'm majorly confused though as every website you seem to go onto is referring you to another one....

any good tips for the best web site to be on (other than this one)

Thank you,

Ashley
Hi Ashley,

It all depends what information you are looking for and what you want out of a website. I happen to beleive that BE is the best for helping people move and settle abroad because everyone is so great here at sharing their tips and experiences.

So if you are looking to move to Canada I would say BE is the best (of course I am biased ) and you should check out our Canada forum, also the actual Citizenship and Immigration Canada site.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

xxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nicexxAshleyLxx is just really nice

Thanks for the info xx there is an exhibition in Glasgow this weekend that I am going to head in to xx fingers crossed
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:12 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary x I'm going to the exhibition on Saturday to see what other info I can get too xx