Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK

Moving back to the UK

Old Dec 26th 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

DOREEN-SOUTHSEA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to the UK

Hello
I have just joined and am a little worried I may be posting in the wrong place! Please let me know if I meet the criteria...
I live on the outskirts of Los Angeles.
I am 61 years old (young!).
I am looking to move back to Southsea in Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK in June 2014.
I lost my husband 4 months ago and our 2 children both suggested moving back home.
One of my daughters lives in New Zealand and the other lives about 7 miles from Southsea and so am trying my best to find somewhere as close as possible to where my husband and I lived.
I am so sorry if this is too long a message but I am a new member - any advice would be wonderful.
Thank you.
Doreen
Old Dec 27th 2013, 12:20 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Hi Doreen and welcome to BE.

To find out about moving back to the UK you would be best looking into the Moving Back to UK forum which can be found here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61
Old Dec 27th 2013, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

gmayell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Doreen
Really sorry to hear about your husband, I hope you get back to the uk and it's a smooth transition. Best of luck to you
Old Dec 27th 2013, 12:17 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doreen and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure you must be feeling rather upside down at the moment.

As MrsFychan said, do check out the Moving back to the UK section and do some research. You may also like to chat with folks in the USA section. There's a very large group of British expats who post in there, and maybe they might have some ideas for you in case you decide to stay put.