Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving away...

Moving away...

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Buffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really nice
Default Moving away...

Hey everyone.

I dont even know where to start.

All i know is that I dont want to be in the UK anymore. Im so open to options and to see what is out there but I dont know how to go about finding out what is out there?

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

XX
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:56 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving away...

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

Crikey, the list is endless. The EU is open to you. Australia has probably the most generous immigration system but there are still rules. The USA is probably the most difficult to enter permanently.

How old are you? This can make a difference.

Do you have qualifications? Do you have work?

Tell us some more, we may be able to make better suggestions.

Have to travelled widely?

Enjoy B.E.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Buffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really niceBuffylover is just really nice

Hey

Vital statistis are:

30yr old female, single, i do work within the pharmaceutical industry for 2 years but have 10 years inb a construction admin background. I have been over europe and recently went abroad alone... have 2 more trips to italy booked to go alone....

I have an HNC in building surveying but its not a career I want to go into really..... having the qualification helps though...

Im a bright intelligent girl and can turn my hand at anything really. My only downfall is that i dont speak another language...

xx
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buffylover
Hey

Vital statistis are:

30yr old female, single, i do work within the pharmaceutical industry for 2 years but have 10 years inb a construction admin background. I have been over europe and recently went abroad alone... have 2 more trips to italy booked to go alone....

I have an HNC in building surveying but its not a career I want to go into really..... having the qualification helps though...

Im a bright intelligent girl and can turn my hand at anything really. My only downfall is that i dont speak another language...

xx
I suspect the problems might be that you don't seem to have any suitable paper qualifications, certainly I think you can take the USA off any list, and, I'm afraid, it looks like Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They all need need specific groups of people unless you are very lucky. There are visas that you might be able to get, but I would suggest looking at the immigration visa threads for the country you are interested in. The EU, while it looks easier has the problem of the language, and now many of the countries are insisting on a certain level of income, and healthcare provisions before you can become resident.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:20 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

No other language probably means Australia; not that I'm biased of course.

Have a look here.

There is a great deal there to wade through.

I'm sure you can find your way around B.E. and the fora for each country but if you get stuck, you can contact me here.

I am not an expert by any means but there are plenty here who are.

This is a good forum to get to know to start your quest.

Good luck and enjoy B.E.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 6:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Buffy and welcome to the forum.

Other English speaking countries: include Singapore and Malaysia from my neck of the woods. Singapore is probably more difficult to get into...... though I think there is a large pharmaceutical presence there.

Malaysia is a developing country. I'm retired and have never worked in Malaysia (though I did in Singapore) so I'm not much use to answer questions. All I do know is that there seems to be loads of jobs going in Malaysia. We are getting quite a lot of posts from Brits getting jobs in KL (Kuala Lumpur - that's the capital) and also in Johor (close to Singapore). If you think that might be of interest, put some posts in the Malaysia section. Our Concierge for Malaysia ajw knows everything there is to know about KL.

The Malaysia board is here.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buffylover
My only downfall is that i dont speak another language...

xx
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Please don't consider France as a potential destination, unemployment rates are higher than in the UK and continually on the increase. No hope for non-French speakers....
Have you considered Eire, or the EU Scandinavian countries where they all speak English and there may be more job opportunities?
Good luck in your search!
Old Nov 4th 2012, 1:04 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Ireland have high unemployment? Scandi countries you need local language don't you? I have friend in Finland. She reckons Finnish required to get you anywhere.

It's not an easy time in the world currently. So best of luck.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 2:43 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Doesn't Ireland have high unemployment? Scandi countries you need local language don't you? I have friend in Finland. She reckons Finnish required to get you anywhere.

It's not an easy time in the world currently. So best of luck.
Hi, I suggested Eire as they speak English, and the EU Scandinavian countries (plus Netherlands) all speak excellent English as a second language, and the OP would have more of a chance of settling than in "southern" Europe.
All things being relative....
Old Nov 4th 2012, 3:03 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't write off New Zealand or Australia though. If you are 30 years old you can apply for a working holiday visa providing you do so by the time you turn 31. This is by no means a permanent visa and is more intended to go over, do a little work to fund your travel around the country at the same time. If you are from the UK you are entitled to a two year WHV for NZ. A WHV can also be used as a "gateway" into the country. It has been known for people to go over on WHV and end up arranging a more permanent visa once out there. This is by no means a guarantee but it has been done. There's nothing stopping you getting a WHV going over to work and live for a while try it out travel around etc...
Old Nov 11th 2012, 5:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary