Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi in May

Moving to Abu Dhabi in May

Old Mar 28th 2010, 1:37 am
Just Joined

jules809 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Moving to Abu Dhabi in May

Hi guys,

I'm moving to work in AD in May and need to find a primary school for my daughter. I heed to locate one near to a 4 bed villa/townhouse, that is in a great community which allows dogs. Not much to ask!

I'm a single mother and will be employing a live in nanny who will be walking my daughter to school or a bus service, so i need a school close by. I would also like to live close to a good social area and when i did a recce in Dec, i preferred Dubai. I am happy to travel to AD from Dubai and have been looking at Umm Suqein, Arabian Ranches, Al Raha Gardens and Golf Gardens.

A lot to ask, i know, but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi in May

hi there & welcome aboard!

We have a specific Middle East part of the forum here http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60 where you can get your specific types of questions answered.
Have a read around and see what you find!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jules809,

Welcome to the site. Don't forget to pop over to our Middle East forum and say hi there. I'm sure other members will be happy to give you some pointers about school and stuff.

Oh and if you ever have any site usability questions be sure to give me, or one of the moderators a shout, will be happy to help.

Sue
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:38 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jules809
Hi guys,

I'm moving to work in AD in May and need to find a primary school for my daughter. I heed to locate one near to a 4 bed villa/townhouse, that is in a great community which allows dogs. Not much to ask!

I'm a single mother and will be employing a live in nanny who will be walking my daughter to school or a bus service, so i need a school close by. I would also like to live close to a good social area and when i did a recce in Dec, i preferred Dubai. I am happy to travel to AD from Dubai and have been looking at Umm Suqein, Arabian Ranches, Al Raha Gardens and Golf Gardens.

A lot to ask, i know, but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
How's all going Jules and have you managed to sort yourself out?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Yes thanks, I got my daughter into Repton near Nad al Sheba and as of today we're are living on the Arabian Ranches. It does mean that i have the 1 hour's drive to AD every day, but hey I prefer to live near the night life in Dubai.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Yes thanks, I got my daughter into Repton near Nad al Sheba and as of today we're are living on the Arabian Ranches. It does mean that i have the 1 hour's drive to AD every day, but hey I prefer to live near the night life in Dubai.
Excellent, good for you. I've been looking at moving towards there on the Al Waha residence. Am glad you're settled.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks, where are you living at the moment?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Thanks, where are you living at the moment?
Palm Jumeirah but will have to look for somewhere else end of October as am presently in Company apartment but the lease expires early November.

Fancy a villa and the Al Waha residence seems the most affordable for me.

Have you managed to make many friends?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

sounds good. yes i have made a few friends, a number of whom came out with me and work for the same company. We've all been living in a hotel in Dubai for the past 2 months until we sort our villas out.

how long have you been out here?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

sounds good. yes i have made a few friends, a number of whom came out with me and work for the same company. We've all been living in a hotel in Dubai for the past 2 months until we sort our villas out.

how long have you been out here?
Only 7 months but did a stint in Egypt before moving here. At least you've been amongst like minded people, that's a big help
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:27 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jules

A tad late but welcome to BE.

Glad to hear that you have found the things you were looking for. Now just jump in, get posting and have fun, and before you know it you will have made plenty of pals living nearby.

Dread - x