Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moved from Brighton, U.K. to London, Ontario

Moved from Brighton, U.K. to London, Ontario

Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

bull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nicebull_dog is just really nice
Default Moved from Brighton, U.K. to London, Ontario

Probably would have been more helpful to me if I had found this site sooner, like before I actually moved, but better late than never.

I moved at the end of September and things are going ok so far. Still getting used to a lot. Hopefully once I get things sent over I can finally start to settle in.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:28 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved from Brighton, U.K. to London, Ontario

Hi Ian and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasure to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Canada can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

The Canada forum is here if you'd like to have a look.

Alistair.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well you've found us now, and that's all that matters.

Moving is the easy part, is the settling in and getting to grips with a new culture, country and a new way of doing things, than can sometimes be daunting, and that's where BE comes in. We are all here to help each other, by sharing experiences, information and a laugh or too, and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of our community.

We've got a great wiki here that members have contributed to, a fab Canada forum where you can get together with everyone. If you get stuck on any site realted stuff please feel free to give myself, the Moderators or Concierges a shout anytime.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bull_dog
Probably would have been more helpful to me if I had found this site sooner, like before I actually moved, but better late than never.

I moved at the end of September and things are going ok so far. Still getting used to a lot. Hopefully once I get things sent over I can finally start to settle in.

Hello and welcome to the site.

I think you have to bear in mind that you've moved to Ontario at the start of the fall/winter season...which is fine if you like sub zero temps and lots of snow. My daughter lives in Toronto and loves the fall/winter. Moving fast forward to spring...when the weather starts to heat up (my time of year ) and the summer is usually hot.

If you click here it will take you directly to the main index page of the Canada Forum. The general forum is for topics related to Canada and the Maple Leaf forum is for general chit chat. Before you begin to post please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.