Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

move to Montreal

move to Montreal

Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

CDADD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default move to Montreal

Hi, my name is Clare & my husand has just got a job working in Montreal, so we will be moving out with our 3 children.
Its very exciting but extremely worrying at the same time, I have never been to Canada so I really dont know what to expect, Our children keep asking all sorts of strange questions of which I have no idea how to answer!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

sello is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: move to Montreal

Hi Clare! I live in NY state- a little over 1 hour from Montreal. I am sure someone from Montreal will be able to tell you more, but we have spent a great deal of time in Montreal as well as other parts of Canada. We love visiting Montreal, we have found it to be cleaner than a lot of cities in the US, and we love the huge variety of shopping and restaurants. I can say that for some reason, I always get lost when I drive in to Montreal alone (now we have GPS so that's not a problem)-but everyone is so friendly and helpful. I always end up stopping at a mini-mart and hear them speaking French to each other, I walk up and ask my question, and the person always speaks English and gives me the directions I need. Good luck on your move, and I am sure you will enjoy living there.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:52 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: move to Montreal

Originally Posted by CDADD
Hi, my name is Clare & my husand has just got a job working in Montreal, so we will be moving out with our 3 children.
Its very exciting but extremely worrying at the same time, I have never been to Canada so I really dont know what to expect, Our children keep asking all sorts of strange questions of which I have no idea how to answer!
Hi CDADD

Welcome to BE. We've got lots of members who are going through the same thing as you and will soon be embarking on a new adventure in Canda. So pop on by the Canada forum and get stuck in, I'm sure you will make lots of friends here. In the meantime don't hestitate to give me a shout if you have any site questions.

Sue