New Horsizons Sought!

New Horsizons Sought!

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:33 pm
YTD
Just Joined

YTD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Horsizons Sought!

Hi all,
I’ve been wanting for some time to try living abroad, but until now the opportunity has never presented itself. I have lived for all of my life in the North West of England – so I think I deserve a break! Unfortunately, I don’t think I have an adequate number of points to test living in the US, Canada or Australia, so it looks like Europe is my best bet?
Like any pasty-white Britain I would like to move to sunnier climes, but as I don’t have a fluent second language I would have to move into an expat community. Please advice.
I’m currently in the process of setting-up a small online business; the nature of which doesn’t require me to be located in one particular area. However, because it is a start-up part-time work would be helpful. Direction to where I might be able to find such work would be appreciated.
Finally, I would like to rent a room, but I guess my plea for help regarding this will have to wait till I have confirmed where I will be relocating to!
I am 33, single, have no children and ready for a change – hopefully someone out there will be charitable and help me out with starting a new life!
Warm regards,
John
<<<snip>>>

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 22nd 2011 at 8:49 pm. Reason: removed email address
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Horsizons Sought!

Hello John...welcome to BE.

I'm sorry to be a party pooper but could you please contact admin and change your username in accordance with Site Rules? You will see I have removed your email address...may I suggest you read through the Site Rules before you go any further?

When your username has been changed I will provide you with a few relevant links to help get you started on the forums.

Thank you.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of opportunities out there if you are single and dont mind where you go or where life takes you, start researching online http://www.workingabroadmagazine.com/ for ideas.
I started by working as a campsite courier in France during school holidays when I was 17 and ended up in the Caribbean working for a travel company after Univ, then into offshore finance. I worked and travelled for 5 years - fabulous til you find somewhere you want to settle (which incidentally is not Indianapolis - just another short stop on the journey!)
How exciting
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yenaleddotcom
Hi all,
I’ve been wanting for some time to try living abroad, but until now the opportunity has never presented itself. I have lived for all of my life in the North West of England – so I think I deserve a break! Unfortunately, I don’t think I have an adequate number of points to test living in the US, Canada or Australia, so it looks like Europe is my best bet?
Like any pasty-white Britain I would like to move to sunnier climes, but as I don’t have a fluent second language I would have to move into an expat community. Please advice.
I’m currently in the process of setting-up a small online business; the nature of which doesn’t require me to be located in one particular area. However, because it is a start-up part-time work would be helpful. Direction to where I might be able to find such work would be appreciated.
Finally, I would like to rent a room, but I guess my plea for help regarding this will have to wait till I have confirmed where I will be relocating to!
I am 33, single, have no children and ready for a change – hopefully someone out there will be charitable and help me out with starting a new life!
Warm regards,
John
<<<snip>>>
Doesn't matter where in the EU you move, that would be the easiest option as there is automatic right of settling, you would have to learn the local language as you would need to shop, travel, eat and drink, and although there are big expat communities around not everything would be in english.