British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Met The Girl Of My Dreams - But Shes American! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/met-girl-my-dreams-but-shes-american-662668/)

civilservant Apr 5th 2010 10:50 am

Met The Girl Of My Dreams - But Shes American!

Hello all, and im pleased to join BE.com

The names Luke, and ive been dating the women of my dreams for the last year. Minor issues, she lives in South Carolina... We've talked about marriage, and she knows that I want to marry her and she wants to marry me.

Minor problem, the US immigration system. Looking for advice and relating my story of application for a K1 visa to other people, its a confusing system :blink:...

Anyway, hello!

Sue Apr 5th 2010 1:26 pm

Re: Met The Girl Of My Dreams - But Shes American!

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 8473189)

The names Luke, and ive been dating the women of my dreams for the last year. Minor issues, she lives in South Carolina... We've talked about marriage, and she knows that I want to marry her and she wants to marry me.

Minor problem, the US immigration system. Looking for advice and relating my story of application for a K1 visa to other people, its a confusing system :blink:...

Anyway, hello!

Hi and welcome to the site,

We've got loads and loads of members who have fallen in love with someone from foreign parts :D So you are amongst kindred spirits. Hop on over to the USA forums and say hi. We've also got a really great wiki that you may find very useful.

I hope you enjoy being part of our community and please give me a shout if you have any site usability questions.

Sue

Jerseygirl Apr 5th 2010 1:37 pm

Anyway, hello!

Hello there and welcome. I'm sorry I can't help you with questions regarding the K1 visa but there are plenty of people in the US Marriage Based Visa Forum that can. Good luck.

Bob Apr 5th 2010 6:22 pm

Welcome to BE and good luck!

The immigration forum and the wiki are a great place to get your head around the process :)

Elvira Apr 5th 2010 6:39 pm

Anyway, hello!

Do you really - I mean REALLY - want to live in South Carolina? :ohmy:

NB: It will be much easier - immigration-wise - for her to move to the UK. :)

civilservant Apr 5th 2010 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 8474082)
Do you really - I mean REALLY - want to live in South Carolina? :ohmy:

NB: It will be much easier - immigration-wise - for her to move to the UK. :)

Why souldnt I Elvira?

It would, but she has commitments that I just dont have...

tonrob Apr 5th 2010 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 8474083)
Why souldnt I Elvira?

Humidity, hurricanes, bugs the size of small European cars...? ;)

civilservant Apr 5th 2010 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 8474484)

Well I didn't say it was an ideal vacation spot ;)

Elvira Apr 5th 2010 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 8474484)

well yes, those too :eek:

though I was thinking more politics and religion...

tonrob Apr 5th 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 8474507)

Hmmm... yes..... sometimes the bugs look intelligent.

zargof Apr 5th 2010 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 8474507)

Well SC is no GA, but it's better than TN...

Bob Apr 5th 2010 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 8474554)
Well SC is no GA, but it's better than TN...

Like saying thrush is better than the squits...not great, but everything else considered? :lol:

Created Apr 16th 2010 7:18 pm

Anyway, hello!

Hey Civil Servant,

you might want to check out the marriage based visa forum for help with your K1 visa process.

Steve_I Apr 18th 2010 11:47 am

Hi Civil servant

I'm a 'not so civil servant' myself! I work for the DWP here but only for another two weeks, then I'm off to Charleston SC as soon as possible. I followed the IR-1 immigration route and just got my visa last thursday :thumbsup:
If there are any questions I can help with, please feel free to drop me a line. Good luck!

AmerLisa Apr 18th 2010 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 8474493)
Well I didn't say it was an ideal vacation spot ;)

Hi Civilservant! I like your attitude, I'm sure you will do fine over here. :) Go with your eyes wide open and expect differences, for sure. And above all do a lot of reading on this site. Some people just can't handle the life over here, its not their cup of tea. And some do absolutely fine! :) I hope all goes well for you and your relationship, remember it will be an adventure you'll never forget. :)