Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

The Meridian Isle of El Hierro.

The Meridian Isle of El Hierro.

Old Sep 24th 2012, 10:20 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Meridian Isle of El Hierro.

Originally Posted by Hepa
Thanks for all your kind comments.

I see that one of you are in L.A., I was near there many years ago, Longbeach, I was working on a P&O liner called Canberra
Hi Hepa, Dom from the Spain forum

have driven past the island a couple of times in a few grey painted war canoes but never stopped even for banana's or anything

also remember the Canberra, did a few attack plots on her without the master and owners knowing about it.

we also used to creep up on tankers at night as they usually have very lax watchkeeping - and run down the side with the searchlights blazing, collision horn sounding, to wake everyone up......

kind regards
Old Sep 24th 2012, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Hepa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlexBramwell
Heading to El Hierro in a couple of weeks to take photos for the tourist board. Would love to get in touch with you to ask a couple of questions.

Alex
I have sent you an Email, all visitors are welcome to the Meridian Isle.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Domino
Hi Hepa, Dom from the Spain forum

have driven past the island a couple of times in a few grey painted war canoes but never stopped even for banana's or anything

also remember the Canberra, did a few attack plots on her without the master and owners knowing about it.

we also used to creep up on tankers at night as they usually have very lax watchkeeping - and run down the side with the searchlights blazing, collision horn sounding, to wake everyone up......

kind regards
Ah yes, I presume you were on the Grey Funnel Line. I did the maiden voyage on the Canberra, long time ago though!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 12:56 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

And thank you for improving my geography! Looks lovely.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:59 am
Banned

fashionever is an unknown quantity at this point

Moderators handling any issues that arise, such as inappropriate posts, spam, and you will find their names, each forum indicators are shown in bold in the bottom right.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Weeze

And thank you for improving my geography! Looks lovely.
You are welcome!