Reload this Page >

looking for shutter joiner/formwork job in australia, canada or spain

looking for shutter joiner/formwork job in australia, canada or spain

Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

natalie07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for shutter joiner/formwork job in australia, canada or spain

hi all,

im looking for a job in Australia, canada or spain. im a very experienced shutter joiner that has over 10 years experience throughout the uk.
i have family in Australia and canada and spain is not to far a way from the uk.
im desperate to get out of the uk so i can provide for my family. the work here is really difficult and i would love to move away to a different county
can anybody help?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for shutter joiner/formwork job in australia, canada or spain

Hi, and welcome to BE.

No idea on Oz or Spain, but Canada you may well be able to find work - it won't be a quick fix though, by the time you've found work, got the LMO and TWP and moved over, it'll probably be 6 months+. You may also need to get your Red Seal to work in Canada - I'm not sure though, it's something required by a lot of trades to work there, but I don't know if carpenters are among them.

And don't forget to factor in the £25k or so it costs most families to move over, it'll take quite a while to recoup that even if work is easier to come by in Canada.

Come on over to the Canada forum and the lovely peeps there will happily help you out with any queries.

Good luck.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 2:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for shutter joiner/formwork job in australia, canada or spain

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Do not really want to be negative but feel that I should let you know that Spain has extremely high unemployment. The Spanish people are really struggling to manage so unless you are fluent in Spanish and there are not enough people here with your skills I think that you would have difficulty finding work.

Sorry but that is the way it is.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary