Reload this Page >

Medical in Portugal

Medical in Portugal

Old Jan 8th 2017, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Zarkovanida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical in Portugal

Hi,
I have recently moved to Portugal and wonder about healthcare. I am 72 and it seems all private healthcare plans stop at age 70. Since I spent the last 30 years in the US i don't have a UK issued healthcare cards, although I am still a U.K. Citizen. I know I must register with the local Heath centre for a user number, in order to get national healthcare, but is there a private insurance that would cover me without paying a fortune? Any advice would be great, thank you Eileen,
Old Jan 8th 2017, 10:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical in Portugal

Originally Posted by Zarkovanida
Hi,
I have recently moved to Portugal and wonder about healthcare. I am 72 and it seems all private healthcare plans stop at age 70. Since I spent the last 30 years in the US i don't have a UK issued healthcare cards, although I am still a U.K. Citizen. I know I must register with the local Heath centre for a user number, in order to get national healthcare, but is there a private insurance that would cover me without paying a fortune? Any advice would be great, thank you Eileen,
Hi Eileen and a warm welcome to BE. As the Welcome Inn is just for introductions and orientation, you'll need to repost your question in BE's Portugal forum here Portugal - British Expats

You're a braver soul than I, moving country without sorting your healthcare beforehand! I'm sure you'll get some good tips on the Portugal page though.

While you're looking around BE, please take a minute or two to read our site rules - they're mainly just common sense but we do like new posters to be aware of them. If you have any BE site related questions you can contact a moderator, their names are listed in bold font at the bottom right hand corner of each forum's index page.

Good luck with sorting out your healthcare.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 8:48 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical in Portugal

Hi from me, too and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm sure you'll get some good tips on the Portugal page though.
You most certainly will