Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

re moving to usa

re moving to usa

Old Sep 25th 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

hj bouvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re moving to usa

Hi myself and my mum r looking to move over to Georgia and really dnt know where to start!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 2:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re moving to usa

Originally Posted by hj bouvette
Hi myself and my mum r looking to move over to Georgia and really dnt know where to start!

Not wanting to burst your bubble, BUT, the USA is one of the most difficult countries to move to. Please check out the 'Pulaski's Ways' part of the forum.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski_Simplified

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

see if there are any visa you are both qualified for as you will both need a visa.

also have a read through the many threads kere.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Old Sep 25th 2013, 2:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum

Suggest that you look in the USA section of the forum and do some research though I believe it is very difficult to get into the US these days.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

hj bouvette is an unknown quantity at this point

If u buy a business out there then it's a lot easier which is what we are trying to do just need to know what first steps are tried doin research n doesn't really have that much info been up to embassy today n got some info
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If u buy a business out there then it's a lot easier which is what we are trying to do just need to know what first steps are tried doin research n doesn't really have that much info been up to embassy today n got some info
Welcome to BE.

Please open a thread in the US immigration Forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?f=34...giving as much detail as possible. Unless you or your spouse is an US citizen it is very difficult to move to the US.

Before you go any further please read through the links Mike provided...then ask questions in the US Imm. Forum. Good luck.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that you could need something like $500,000, however, reading the links I've given will give you a lot of the information you want to know.

Good luck with your endeavours, you will need it.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I believe that you could need something like $500,000, however, reading the links I've given will give you a lot of the information you want to know.

Good luck with your endeavours, you will need it.
Half mill is the EB1, where you invest in a project.

E2 is the investment visa, but realistically you're needing $200K+ of investment, the business, business running costs and the like till it brings in money and then personal investment in setting yourself up on top...also doesn't lead to a greencard, so anyone with a family or close to retirement and it's a terrible idea....also a lot of the businesses up for grabs are service companies, which are either scams and not a goer as the margins are made employing off the books illegals and a E2 person can't do that as they need to employ US/LPR's so won't be competitive in the cleaning/pool/landscaping type businesses that pop up.

Anyway, to the OP, welcome to BE and good luck!