Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to move to the US

Looking to move to the US

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Godeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really niceGodeskian is just really nice
Default Looking to move to the US

So Hi everyone, I'm Godeskian.

I've been back and forth to the US on vacations my entire life, and the time has finally come to start working on the move, but honestly having looked at the US embassy website in the UK, I'm not feeling a lot of hope. I'm hoping that there is something I can do to increase my chances, and that folks here can help me.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to the US

Welcome to BE and good luck!

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

That's the first place to look.

Have a yes to one of those and you've a good chance, other wise you've got very little chances, other than marrying a local
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to the US

Originally Posted by Godeskian
So Hi everyone, I'm Godeskian.

I've been back and forth to the US on vacations my entire life, and the time has finally come to start working on the move, but honestly having looked at the US embassy website in the UK, I'm not feeling a lot of hope. I'm hoping that there is something I can do to increase my chances, and that folks here can help me.
Hello and welcome to BE.

I see you have already started to post in our US Forums. As you already know it is incredibly difficult to move to the US unless you or your spouse is an American.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.