Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking to move to NZ newbie

Looking to move to NZ newbie

Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Debbie66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to NZ newbie

Hi my name is debbie and I'm currently in the middle of a divorce and for a number of years I've wanted to emigrate but don't know where to start, so I thought what better place to start, here I'm 46 years old and am looking for lots of advise to help me fulfill my dream x this is all going to be daunting for me as I am coming alone but will need to find work and accommodation when I get there, if I get there ... I'm hoping I can get answers on here I work full time as an administrator for an air conditioning company in Cardiff Wales UK at present and I drive and also ride a Yamaha fazer fzs600 of which is my little toy for fun on weekends only x
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to NZ newbie

Originally Posted by Debbie66
Hi my name is debbie and I'm currently in the middle of a divorce and for a number of years I've wanted to emigrate but don't know where to start, so I thought what better place to start, here I'm 46 years old and am looking for lots of advise to help me fulfill my dream x this is all going to be daunting for me as I am coming alone but will need to find work and accommodation when I get there, if I get there ... I'm hoping I can get answers on here I work full time as an administrator for an air conditioning company in Cardiff Wales UK at present and I drive and also ride a Yamaha fazer fzs600 of which is my little toy for fun on weekends only x
Hi Debbie and welcome to BE

I'm not sure of how you go about getting a visa for NZ but I know plenty of people who do Have a look at our NZ forums for some help and advice - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:50 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum . Which part of New Zealand do you like? As oldsparkles says, do check out the NZ section of the forum. I guess the first thing will be to check if you qualify for a visa. All the best with the research
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum . Which part of New Zealand do you like? As oldsparkles says, do check out the NZ section of the forum. I guess the first thing will be to check if you qualify for a visa. All the best with the research
I dont know how to start with the Visa where do I go?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:48 am
Just Joined

I need as much help to do this as I can guys x
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:52 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome. Please Google New Zealand Immigration Service website. You need to find out what visa you need before you make any plans.

TradeMe.co.nz is a good website to look for jobs, property, vehicles etc, it's like a New Zealand version of E-bay. Also, look up seek.co.nz to look for jobs all over New Zealand. Another jobs website is jobs.govt.nz, this is where all the NZ government vacancies are listed for all sorts of occupations all over New Zealand.

Happy travels.

P.S. this is where the, 'leg work' starts. Oh, btw, the maximum speed limit in NZ is 100kph/65mph. Most roads are 50kph max/32mph - yes really !

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 21st 2013 at 8:02 am. Reason: trade me
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Hello and welcome. Please Google New Zealand Immigration Service website. You need to find out what visa you need before you make any plans.

TradeMe.co.nz is a good website to look for jobs, property, vehicles etc, it's like a New Zealand version of E-bay. Also, look up seek.co.nz to look for jobs all over New Zealand. Another jobs website is jobs.govt.nz, you can also look up seek.co.nz.

Happy travels.
x Thankyou I will certainly look into that too x
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:31 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie

Can I ask why you want to come to NZ.? to be perfectly frank with you I don't think you will find it very easy to get a visa but you never know.

please check out http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Hi Debbie

Can I ask why you want to come to NZ.? to be perfectly frank with you I don't think you will find it very easy to get a visa but you never know.

please check out http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/
I would like to come to get away from all the bad things that are going on in my life here in the UK... and to be honest it was my mum and dads dream many years ago to move there when me and my sister were just kids but my sister wouldnt leave so we stayed.. This was my mums biggest regret. I have nothing left here as my sister lives in Spain with her husband and has done for the past 10 yrs and I am having the roller coaster of my life with divorce etc. so I want to just be away from it all and start fresh. I couldnt even begin to explain my problems here and most are to do with a divorce and ex and ex's fiance that are ruining my life .. oh and having an affair behind my back.. oh and yes she was a so called friend...If you can find any better reasons for me to stay please let me know x
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:28 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

my point was why particularly NZ, its the furthest you can get from UK, so that might be one reason but it is quite hard to actually get a visa and would be so much more expensive than say any of the European countries.
Just wondering if you had family over here to help with the move or if it was a completely solo journey.

pop over to the NZ forum, give details of visa types etc and sure we can help you on your way
Old Aug 21st 2013, 9:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and welcome to BE.

As the Welcome Inn isn't really the place to discuss all things New Zealand please do pop over to the NZ forum. We can all have a look at what possibilities there may be for you ( or not) & general maybe help you focus on your new future wherever that may be.

See you there.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 3:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary