Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Looking for an escape

Looking for an escape

Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for an escape

Originally Posted by tulliepugh
As it goes Mike I am fluent in the English language and you may notice from my original post I specified almost exclusively English speaking countries.
You also listed South America and Asia as possible options, which I suspect the reason behind the language comment! As for the post that seems to have put you off, it's unfortunately just a reality that you'll need to requalify in most countries. Canada for instance, will require you to sit exams and retrain, before you can get a visa.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 10th 2013 at 7:23 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nellybellydodah
You may be better off doing the research yourself, that old guy seems a bit of a Victor Meldrew to me.
So you've joined just to stick up for the OP and insult somebody that's tried to help her?

As you clearly know her better than any of us, which country do you think she should head for?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 10th 2013 at 7:24 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate that is the case. However this is a forum, a community based network for sharing information not stamping on peoples hopes! Perhaps if he had asked a little more about me he may have garnered enough information to say what he did above. Interestingly the country I probably stand the best chance with is the US as my employer is an American company and staff regularly relocate and I have been told further down the line this is an option, but that is incidental. I came here for helpful advice as to where else I should consider, I fail to see the benefit of or advice in the post, it appears to be very dismissive.
Welcome to BE

I think you are being a tad unfair - if you had given a little more information perhaps people would not have tried to 'guess' about you when trying to help? Had you mentioned, for instance, that the company you work for is American then perhaps the comment you object to wouldn't have been made.

You will find that the various forums are very friendly, people are more than willing (and able) to give advice but you need to go to the specific forums that interest you and post there.

The Welcome Inn is really just for saying "hello" rather than asking for advice.

Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

tulliepugh is an unknown quantity at this point

But I didn't ask a question?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

But I didn't ask a question?
I believe you asked for advice on where to go.

"... Any advice on where we could go would be great! Trying to avoid Oz and NZ due to the distance for our parents to visit. We will consider Asia, America (North and South) and Caribbean and any other English speaking countries So hello and thanks for any advice we can get! ..."

Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

tulliepugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope no question there. I said I was here to find advice and the courteous people who responded pointed me in the right direction.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 9:50 pm
Banned

Nope no question there. I said I was here to find advice and the courteous people who responded pointed me in the right direction.
Perhaps we interpret the word 'advice' differently then.

Hopefully you will get around to posting in one of the Country forums that you have interest in potentially moving to and get the assistance you seek.

Good luck.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have been directed to the correct forums for advice...I am therefore closing this thread.