Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Long time reader, first time registered user!

Long time reader, first time registered user!

Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

adamthefirstman is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Long time reader, first time registered user!

Good morning,
Firstly I'd like to thank all the people that have tried to get themselves to the US over the last 2 years or so and all those people that helped them on this site - I read both sides of the threads and they helped me massively in achieving my goal - I now live here with my wife (USC) and little boy. I shared in a lot of the pain, relief and excitement.
My name is Adam, I'm from Hereford originally, then lived in Bath for 10 years and in between was lucky enough to travel the world a bit. I now climb trees for a living, previously I was 'suited and booted' working for a large corporate.
I have now settled in PA, Lancaster county and feel lucky to have such wonderful Amish neighbours.
So I'm not sure who reads these intros but I know there are some very knowledgeable moderators on here, and some that can be pretty sharp too, so I'll leave the waffle for another thread and just say I'm looking forward to helping and being helped my countrymen/women as time goes by.
Cheers. Adam
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long time reader, first time registered user!

Hi Adam,

So pleased you have come out of "lurk mode" and joined in the fun. I'm sure as a long term reader you are familiar with the bits and bobs on the site, but if you get stuck on anything at all please don't hesitate to give myself, a Moderator or a Concierge a shout.

Are you settling into Lancaster county ok?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:03 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Adam

Glad to see you have come in and joined us, and it's always great to hear that the site helped someone.
Welcome to BE and now you're here, get stuck in and enjoy

Dread - x
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

hello Adam. Nice you have shaken off the Lurker mantle. Most people quite welcoming on here so enjoy yourself.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Adam and welcome to BE! Congratulations on making the move and I'm so glad you decided to join us. I'll be visiting Bath very soon, if you have any tips for someone who has never been, I'm all ears.

Let me know if I can help you find your way around!
Old Apr 30th 2011, 2:03 am
Just Joined

adamthefirstman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hi Adam and welcome to BE! Congratulations on making the move and I'm so glad you decided to join us. I'll be visiting Bath very soon, if you have any tips for someone who has never been, I'm all ears.

Let me know if I can help you find your way around!
Bath is great. The best thing to do is what ever you fancy on the day - there is too much to try and cram in, and I'm a great believer in following your nose. There are over 50 pubs within 10 minutes of the centre of the city, the Abbey is unmissable, the Baths are the reason for the whole 'Aquae Sulis' so do those, and Pultney Bridge, you'll see it, Bath is so small. How long are you there for? If its for more then a couple of days I'll get my cousin Jess to meet up with you and show you around - she's a cool gal. When you going?
Ok, thanks for the welcome.
Adam
Old May 1st 2011, 8:21 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamthefirstman
Bath is great. The best thing to do is what ever you fancy on the day - there is too much to try and cram in, and I'm a great believer in following your nose. There are over 50 pubs within 10 minutes of the centre of the city, the Abbey is unmissable, the Baths are the reason for the whole 'Aquae Sulis' so do those, and Pultney Bridge, you'll see it, Bath is so small. How long are you there for? If its for more then a couple of days I'll get my cousin Jess to meet up with you and show you around - she's a cool gal. When you going?
Adam
On a sunny day, a boat trip down the river is pretty enjoyable too.

Dread - x
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Adam...welcome to the site.

If you require assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact Kaffy if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamthefirstman
Adam
Cheers for the tips, Adam! We're going in May, but will only be in Bath two nights (and a day). My father wanted to try to go to Wales while we were there so he could tick off another country. We've told him no, we don't have much time as it is.

Glad to have you on board, don't be a stranger.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Adam & taking the plunge into posting mode. Very pleased to hear that you made it to the U.S. & living with your family there. Enjoy