Living in Spain / Working in Gibraltar

Living in Spain / Working in Gibraltar

Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:15 am
Just Joined

MandyH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Spain / Working in Gibraltar

Hola All

Just wanting to introduce myself

I'm planning on moving over to Spain sometime in May with the hope to seek work in Gibraltar!

At first I would like to be based in La Linea, until I gain work, hopefully! Thereafter, I would like to move to a Spanish village to experience the Spanish lifestyle

I am aware of the web links on this site for Spain & Gibraltar, very useful.

I'm still researching at present! and will be posting on here, re HELP!

Off to search the posts now, hasta luego, Mandy
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Spain / Working in Gibraltar

Hi Mandy and warm to BE. All the best with your planning. I'm sure you'll be able to find the Spain forums no problem, but if you get stuck with anything, just shout.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you, Bakedbean!

I have just finished doing a few searches and have found useful web links and info, so far so good

Mandy
Old Apr 29th 2012, 12:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

I see that you have already begun to post threads in the Spain forum and are receiving answers to your questions. Good luck with your endeavours.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:01 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandy

I see you're finding your way around OK so just wanted to say welcome to BE from me too.

Dread - x
Old May 7th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

rowe6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, sorry to hijack the post but I too am preparing a move to work in Gibraltar but would like to live in Spain. I have searched and re-read the fairly limited amounts of websites available.

My outstanding questions after my tireless searching are

* What income tax complications does living in Spain and working in Gibraltar bring please?

* Do I lose a lot of money getting paid in Gibraltar and living in Spain?

* I cannot find a definite answer on whether there is a regular bus service from Alcaidesa to La Linea (so can cross the border). I don't drive so this is key really.

My early searches are edging me towards living in Alcaidesa but I am 27, single and am slightly concerned about how much social life I'd get moving to Alcaidesa and working in Gibraltar. Any recommendations on where to live considering I don't drive would be much appreciated.

I cannot find information on whether there is a council tax in Spain at all and whether or not in Alcaidesa utility costs would be high?

Any help would be much appreciated. Mandy, perhaps you could share some of your findings so far too please?

Kev
Old May 7th 2012, 9:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowe6
Hi All, sorry to hijack the post but I too am preparing a move to work in Gibraltar but would like to live in Spain. I have searched and re-read the fairly limited amounts of websites available.

My outstanding questions after my tireless searching are

* What income tax complications does living in Spain and working in Gibraltar bring please?

* Do I lose a lot of money getting paid in Gibraltar and living in Spain?

* I cannot find a definite answer on whether there is a regular bus service from Alcaidesa to La Linea (so can cross the border). I don't drive so this is key really.

My early searches are edging me towards living in Alcaidesa but I am 27, single and am slightly concerned about how much social life I'd get moving to Alcaidesa and working in Gibraltar. Any recommendations on where to live considering I don't drive would be much appreciated.

I cannot find information on whether there is a council tax in Spain at all and whether or not in Alcaidesa utility costs would be high?

Any help would be much appreciated. Mandy, perhaps you could share some of your findings so far too please?

Kev
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 7th 2012, 10:55 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rowe

Welcome from me too.
I second Rosemary's suggestion of posting your questions on the Spain forum, where someone will be able to help with answers for you.
You will find the forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page, scroll down the list of countries until you see the title Europe. Double click on Spain below that and you're in.

All the very best with your move

Dread - x
Old May 9th 2012, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kev (rowe6)

I have just landed in La Linea! Need to find my feet!! I'll update my post shortly and I'll private message you too. Mandy