Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Lifelong Canadian and how I found this website

Lifelong Canadian and how I found this website

Old May 7th 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really nice
Default Lifelong Canadian and how I found this website

Hello all,

First off, I am not an British expat, but I very much enjoy this site as a Canadian.

I happened to be googling about British, Irish and Scottish food in relation to Canada, and the BE website appeared. From here, I have been lurking with great interest. I am 'foodie'.

I find the activity and the wonderful humour of so many posts just drew me in. Across the pond to Bristol was a world I may have lived in to this day, had my Grandfather not decided to immigrate at the time. But, here I am as a Canuck and I don't know any different. This is why I love everything overseas.

My paternal grandfather came to Canada from Bristol, England and the family prior to this was from Northeast Cork, Ireland. We long to visit both countries next year. These forums give me such a good insight as well as to what is in store and to expect in daily aspects when we visit UK and Ireland and eventually Scotland on our future visits. My maternal grandparents are from Scotland, another great interest for me.

In return, I hope I may be able to add to (non-biased, of course ) any insight as to living here on the Canadian Prairies with what I have lived with all of my life.

There are definitely some wonderful, fellow neighborly Manitobans (and Saskatchewan) posters I can see that are so very well-versed in the technical aspects of moving to the Prairie Provinces of Canada from the UK and Ireland.

I may not be as knowledgeable in the immigrating paperwork advice, but I can sure chime in with my Provincial neighbors in being aware of the pros and cons or what to expect when moving to this area of Canada.

Despite the relatively small population in my home City of almost 50,000, we have very active local groups of British, Irish and Scottish Associations/Societies, which lend much flavour to our community and the support that is always there if needed.

I look forward to following this website, as I am very anxious about learning as well about Britain, Ireland and Scotland as they are today. I hope I can also lend an ear and be helpful if immigrating to Manitoba as best as I can.

Old May 7th 2012, 6:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lifelong Canadian and how I found this website

Hello Friendly and warm to the forum. Nice that you've made the transition from Lurker to Poster hehe.

I'm sure you can find your own way to the Canada forums (I guess you've been lurking there already) but if you need any assistance, just shout. Sure you've got lots of things to say and contribute on there.

All the best.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 8th 2012, 7:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Friendlymanitoba

Welcome from me too - enjoy

Dread - x
Old May 9th 2012, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really nice

Thanks to all.