Reload this Page >

Just starting out - and already confused

Just starting out - and already confused

Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Manks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just starting out - and already confused

Well hello there!

Hubby and I are currently considering a move to Australia. We're Brits but currently living on the East Coast of the USA where we moved with my job.

We would require me to get a job offer in order to apply for residency. I have just started to look into the various visas on offer and finding it very confusing! We are also looking at NZ and their residency situation is pretty damn straightforward - Skilled Migrant is it!

For Oz, there is the ENS (121?) and the Skilled Migrant (175). As I don't pass the points test for the 175, I'm assuming my only option is 121?

For reference, I'm 35, a PR Professional (which is on the skills list) and obviously English is my mother tongue. Hubby has no formal qualifications and doesn't have a job on the skills list - so all reliant on me!

Where do I start?

By the way, job applications already going in!

Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:40 am
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice
Default Re: Just starting out - and already confused

Hi and welcome to BE.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just starting out - and already confused

Originally Posted by Manks
Well hello there!

Hubby and I are currently considering a move to Australia. We're Brits but currently living on the East Coast of the USA where we moved with my job.

We would require me to get a job offer in order to apply for residency. I have just started to look into the various visas on offer and finding it very confusing! We are also looking at NZ and their residency situation is pretty damn straightforward - Skilled Migrant is it!

For Oz, there is the ENS (121?) and the Skilled Migrant (175). As I don't pass the points test for the 175, I'm assuming my only option is 121?

For reference, I'm 35, a PR Professional (which is on the skills list) and obviously English is my mother tongue. Hubby has no formal qualifications and doesn't have a job on the skills list - so all reliant on me!

Where do I start?

By the way, job applications already going in!

Thanks
Hello and welcome.

Here is the link to BE's Australia forums...perhaps you could repost your question in the Immigration Forum.