Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Tucson AZ

Just moved to Tucson AZ

Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Mum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really nice
Smile Just moved to Tucson AZ

Hello! after a 2 year tour back to England (Husband in U.S Air Force) I am now living in Tucson AZ. We have 3 kids, 16, 11 and 18 months and I would love to hear from fellow Brits. Am not new to The US, having lived here since 95, however after so many stateside moves and our latest move back to England, I feel a little unsettled!
My 16 year old son is perhaps feeling the move hardest as he made a lot of mates back in the UK, anybody else having that issue??
Anyway Hi and love the website x
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to Tucson AZ

Originally Posted by Mum of 3
Hello! after a 2 year tour back to England (Husband in U.S Air Force) I am now living in Tucson AZ. We have 3 kids, 16, 11 and 18 months and I would love to hear from fellow Brits. Am not new to The US, having lived here since 95, however after so many stateside moves and our latest move back to England, I feel a little unsettled!
My 16 year old son is perhaps feeling the move hardest as he made a lot of mates back in the UK, anybody else having that issue??
Hi there and welcome to our cyber world of British Expats.

16 is a difficult age at the best of times...so I can only imagine what it must be like moving countries and leaving your friends behind. 11 is not so difficult...my daughter was 11 when we moved here and she settled in very quickly.

We have several members living the AZ who post in our US Forums...why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE! I have family in Tucson, it's a nice town. Visit the Titan Missile Museum if you can - I bet your 16 year old son in particular would find it fascinating. http://www.titanmissilemuseum.org/

Best of luck in your new location and please give me a shout if I can help you find your way around the site.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Mum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really niceMum of 3 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hello and welcome to BE! I have family in Tucson, it's a nice town. Visit the Titan Missile Museum if you can - I bet your 16 year old son in particular would find it fascinating. http://www.titanmissilemuseum.org/

Best of luck in your new location and please give me a shout if I can help you find your way around the site.
Thanks so much! Just getting used to Tucson, the weather is quite different from the Cirencester area!
I'm enjoying the website, lovely to 'hear' the accent!
Lynne
Old Oct 28th 2010, 1:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mum of 3.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy getting your "Brit Fix" here.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:47 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

are you aware that there is a separate forum on here for the teens? Might be worth pointing your son at that?

The youth club
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Old Oct 29th 2010, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much! Just getting used to Tucson, the weather is quite different from the Cirencester area!
I'm enjoying the website, lovely to 'hear' the accent!
Lynne
The weather is certainly different!! Though I visited my grandfather last December in Tucscon and thoroughly enjoyed the temperatures. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the website.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:53 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mum of 3

Just to say welcome to BE and hope our USA forum brrings a few fellow Brits your way to help you settle in.

Dread - x
Old May 14th 2011, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Jane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mum of 3 and other Tucson residents.
I am moving to a little town just outside Tucson in July. (just got my visa granted) I met my husband there 2 years ago and started the long process. When it was decided to move, my daughter, who was 14, was happy to move with me, but now 16, wants to stay in uk to finish her education with her friends. Her decision, not mne. She'll join me when she finishes. She'll stay with my parents till then. I'm really scared and upset about leaving her. She on the other hand is not...LOL. She'll visit every few months of course. Maybe visiting with kids her own age from the UK will halp her to make the move. Sorry, long message. Really happy to have found this website too.x
Old May 14th 2011, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane omstead
I am moving to a little town just outside Tucson in July. (just got my visa granted) I met my husband there 2 years ago and started the long process. When it was decided to move, my daughter, who was 14, was happy to move with me, but now 16, wants to stay in uk to finish her education with her friends. Her decision, not mne. She'll join me when she finishes. She'll stay with my parents till then. I'm really scared and upset about leaving her. She on the other hand is not...LOL. She'll visit every few months of course. Maybe visiting with kids her own age from the UK will halp her to make the move. Sorry, long message. Really happy to have found this website too.x
Hello and welcome aboard. Why don't you join us in the US forums? You'll find all the relevant links in my post #2.
Old May 14th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi there and glad to hear of another Brit in the area!
Will be glad to answer any questions (if I can)
With regards to your daughter, it sounds like a good idea, to finish her education and then move out here (although it will be hard on you)
Anyway keep in touch and Good luck!
Lynne
Old May 14th 2011, 3:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you. Yet another set of great help is the permanente threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 14th 2011, 6:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane omstead
Hi there, my family has just moved to a little town outside Tucson.. they left me up here in the Pacific NorthWET.

Be sure to drop into our marriage based immigration forum to check out the situation with your 16 year old, so that she doesn't 'age out' and will be able to move here when she wants (some things may need to be done before she turns 18).
Welcome, and my dad said it's only 95F there this morning. Yikes!
Old May 15th 2011, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Hi there and glad to hear of another Brit in the area!
Will be glad to answer any questions (if I can)
With regards to your daughter, it sounds like a good idea, to finish her education and then move out here (although it will be hard on you)
Anyway keep in touch and Good luck!
Lynne
Thank you so much. It was real exciting getting messages this morning. I told my daughter about your 16 year old and she said "horay, I could have a friend when I move"
Jane
Old May 15th 2011, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hi there, my family has just moved to a little town outside Tucson.. they left me up here in the Pacific NorthWET.

Be sure to drop into our marriage based immigration forum to check out the situation with your 16 year old, so that she doesn't 'age out' and will be able to move here when she wants (some things may need to be done before she turns 18).
Welcome, and my dad said it's only 95F there this morning. Yikes!
Hi, It's a good job I like the heat!!! Thanks for the advice re: my daughter, I will certainly have a look, would hate her to have to wait ages like I did.
This site is fab!
Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.