Reload this Page >

Just moved back

Just moved back

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Jbunny_62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved back

Hi

I've just moved back to Canada (R.Hill, Ont.) after 18years away, I am a Brit came here for 10 years and decided that I was missing the UK so, went back, and now I'm an old lady (lol) i'm back in Canada!!

Now, I know this topic was covered a few years back, but can anyone help point me the right direction for purchasing a multi region dvd player in Canada? I've shipped all my collection from the UK and would very much like to play them again.

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 2:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved back

Originally Posted by Jbunny_62
Hi

I've just moved back to Canada (R.Hill, Ont.) after 18years away, I am a Brit came here for 10 years and decided that I was missing the UK so, went back, and now I'm an old lady (lol) i'm back in Canada!!

Now, I know this topic was covered a few years back, but can anyone help point me the right direction for purchasing a multi region dvd player in Canada? I've shipped all my collection from the UK and would very much like to play them again.

Thanks
Hello...welcome to BE.

You are now officially a Ping Pong Pom. I know Richmond Hill reasonably well...my daughter's finance is from there. What made you move back to the GTA?

With regard to your DVD question...it would be best if you reposted in the Canada Forums...that way you will get answers from people actually living in Canada.

Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page. The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please shout out if you need assistance with anything about the site...there's usually someone around to help out.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:13 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jbunny

Welcome to BE.
I see Jerseygirl has given you the link to our Canada forum - one of the good folks who post on there will know where to get the DVD player you want - and will probably know the cheapest place to get it from too which is always a bonus.
Good luck in your new but kind of not so new home and I hope you enjoy being part of BE.

Dread - x
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 4th 2011, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Proud Brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jbunny_62
Hi

Thanks
Hello. I wonder if I can ask you a question. I've lived in the USA for 19 years (Washington State). I have a lovely life here but often feel really homesick. I've considered just throwing everything away and going back to England. What was it like when you moved back? Are you happier now? I want to finally call this home but I never have. Thank you.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Proud Brit
Hello. I wonder if I can ask you a question. I've lived in the USA for 19 years (Washington State). I have a lovely life here but often feel really homesick. I've considered just throwing everything away and going back to England. What was it like when you moved back? Are you happier now? I want to finally call this home but I never have. Thank you.
You will get a much better response if you open a new thread in the either the US Forums or the Moving Back To The UK Forum. There are many of us who hang out in the US forums who feel homesick...so you'll be in good company. Also several people who post in the MBTTUK forum have ping ponged back and forth.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 4th 2011 at 10:25 pm.