Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New to this forum moving back to UK

New to this forum moving back to UK

Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to this forum moving back to UK

Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum. I am British, living in Australia with my Aussie husband and 2 young children. We are planning to move back to the UK next year. Would love to hear from others who have made the move. I've already posted a question on the visa forum!! Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this forum moving back to UK

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123
Hi everyone - I'm new to this forum. I am British, living in Australia with my Aussie husband and 2 young children. We are planning to move back to the UK next year. Would love to hear from others who have made the move. I've already posted a question on the visa forum!! Thanks
Welcome to BE.

Please take a few minutes to have a read of the site rules, beige bar at the top, and, should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of the forum page.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, welcome to BE

It's great that you've already found your way around the forums. You'll be able to read lots of people's experiences on the Moving back to the UK forum and yes, the Immigration, Visas etc sub-forum is really useful in helping to decipher official gobbledeegook!

We ask all new members to please have a read of the BE site rules, and if you run into any site related problems please contact one of our lovely moderators (names in bold font, lower right hand corner of each forum index page).

Best of luck with your plans!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE.

Please take a few minutes to have a read of the site rules, beige bar at the top, and, should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of the forum page.
Snap!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Snap!
you were a bit too slow
Old Jul 6th 2017, 10:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by mikelincs
you were a bit too slow
Always the bridesmaid, that's me
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked abroad for many years and never thought i would come nack to my native Scotland. But I did ! Lots of us do it !
Old Jul 13th 2017, 7:31 am
Just Joined

CAH58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there and welcome. I came back to UK twice last year for a holiday, first time back in 10 years. The first visit, I couldn't wait to get back 'home' to Australia (I am a Brit) but the second visit, something changed in me and I felt I belonged here, this was home. (UK). I have only been back 3 weeks, hubby came out in April to find work as we were bringing a dog with us he had to find a job and a place to live. I am still very much missing Australia in many ways, but at the same time, enjoy being back too. As I said when we left UK 15 years ago, 'Planes go both ways'..life is short, take what opportunities you can. Kids adapt very easily when they are young. Good Luck to you and your family x
Old Jul 13th 2017, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your post! Similar circumstances - I have lived in Oz for 13 years now, and will be going 'home' with my Aussie husband and 2 little ones aged 8 and 4. Naturally I am concerned about the effects of uprooting their schooling. Also I'm feeling quite overwhelmed at everything we need to do - visas for hubby, jobs, finding somewhere to live etc...but at the same time I know that being back home is the right move. Really good to hear that you are pleased you made the move. Perhaps I could pick your brains about some aspects of the move?! But probably needs to be on a different forum as this one is just for introductions...thank you again.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

This one of the curses of being an exile. You never fit in - in your new home or back in the old one.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

CAH58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abercrombie123
Thank you so much for your post! Similar circumstances - I have lived in Oz for 13 years now, and will be going 'home' with my Aussie husband and 2 little ones aged 8 and 4. Naturally I am concerned about the effects of uprooting their schooling. Also I'm feeling quite overwhelmed at everything we need to do - visas for hubby, jobs, finding somewhere to live etc...but at the same time I know that being back home is the right move. Really good to hear that you are pleased you made the move. Perhaps I could pick your brains about some aspects of the move?! But probably needs to be on a different forum as this one is just for introductions...thank you again.
Yes if I can help in any way I will.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning. This is the Welcome Inn and it would be most appreciated if you would carry on this conversation in the forum(s) that you have been directed to from your opening introduction post.

Thanks for understanding that we would like to preserve the Welcome Inn for introductions only.