Reload this Page >

Just a bit of info please

Just a bit of info please

Old Mar 14th 2015, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Retford83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a bit of info please

Hello.

I am a qualified nurse from the UK. I manage an elderly care home. I have a degree in nursing and a level 5 in leadership and management. Are there jobs for nurse managers in care homes over there? Out of interest. I am looking to continue my career as a care home manager in another country. I can however only speak English with some Spanish. We are a family of three. My partner does not have education to a degree level. He has GCSE's & NVQ's. My son is ten years old. We do have savings,

Any advice welcome.

Regards
Old Mar 14th 2015, 11:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a bit of info please

Where?
Old Mar 14th 2015, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Retford83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry. New Zealand or Australia due to the language barrier.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 11:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retford83
Sorry. New Zealand or Australia due to the language barrier.
Well, as a degree qualified nurse, you should be able to register as a nurse in either country and that will help you get a visa.

Jobs for nurses are available.

There are care homes but it may not be so easy to get a job as a manager straight away.....most care homes are private concerns and standards will vary.

First steps are to register with AHPRA or the NZ equivalent and then apply for a visa....You can then apply for jobs
Old Mar 15th 2015, 7:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum

You can also post in the Australia section here:
Australia - British Expats

The New Zealand section here:
New Zealand - British Expats

and also try the Nursing and Doctors section here:
Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations - British Expats

There are other English speaking countries too. Canada? No idea how easy that would be to get into. Singapore also is more or less English speaking and has care homes.

All the best with your research.