Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Jak_A Hello from T_O

Jak_A Hello from T_O

Old May 20th 2010, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Jak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really nice
Smile Jak_A Hello from T_O

Hi everyone.
New member from England now living in Toronto.
Not new to Canada (been here 35yrs)
I have just about got used to it but still miss the old country.
A Lancashire lad at heart.Maybe I will retire back there who knows?.
Old May 20th 2010, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jak_A Hello from T_O

Originally Posted by Jak_A
Hi everyone.
Hi Jak and welcome to BE.

I believe the weather is lovely in T.O. today...pity it wasn't like that at the beginning of the month when I was there. Do you live downtown or in one of the suburbs? What brought you to Canada in the first place Jak?

If you click on this link it will direct you to our Canada forums. We have a great crowd of expats who frequent the forums...so why don't you pop over there and take a look around?

Many of us feel the same way as you do about retirement. It's a difficult decision especially if you have family this side of the pond. Take a look in our Moving Back To The UK forums...you will see many threads discussing this subject. The the Over 50's and 60's thread may be of particular interest to you. Several of the members who have posted in this thread have lived in Canada for decades and have either moved back or wish to move back to the UK.

Are you a Canadian citizen? If not it's worth considering if you decide to go back to the UK...it leaves the door open for you to return should you wish to do so.

Please shout out if you require any assistance navigating the forums. The moderators for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Jak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really niceJak_A is just really nice

Hi all.
Thanks for all the info,I will check-out all your suggestions.
Iam in the process of citizenship (been for the interview)
Came to Canada because of my brother who came here around 45yrs.ago,
he now lives in Pensacola Fl.
The weather is great right now in Toronto but as usual a long w/end comming up so it will rain.
I live in Rouge Hill right on the border of Scarborough & Pickering.
It's just a 5 min. walk to the Rouge river & lake Ontario.
Thanks again for all the info.

Jak_A
Old May 21st 2010, 2:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jak_A
Hi everyone.
Hi Jak_A,

Welcome to BE, glad you have found us and have taken the plunge and become part of our community. We've got a great bunch of members who post in the Canada forum and I know you will enjoy the banter here and getting to know everyone.

Please don't hesitate to give me or the mods a shout if you need anything or have site questions. We want your time with us to be as enjoyable as possible.

Sue