Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Its all about me - Moving to South Africa

Its all about me - Moving to South Africa

Old May 14th 2013, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

northsi77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its all about me - Moving to South Africa

Hi, Im Simon, Im from Northumberland, I live in Mitcham and Im on here to get advice on a move to South Africa with my girlfriend.
I moved to London last year to act and Im a charity fundraiser to pay the bills.
Nice to meet you all.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:35 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its all about me

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum

I see you've found the Africa section already and that's the best place for you to ask any questions, so I'll leave you to it.

all the best with your plans
Old May 15th 2013, 12:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its all about me - Moving to South Africa

Originally Posted by northsi77
Hi, Im Simon, Im from Northumberland, I live in Mitcham and Im on here to get advice on a move to South Africa with my girlfriend.
I moved to London last year to act and Im a charity fundraiser to pay the bills.
Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to BE Simon!!

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Old May 17th 2013, 6:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 20th 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Sihealey is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone who has recently moved from South Africa to the UK I would think very carefully about moving to SA the crime there is out of control and it is a very very dangerous place to live

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 21st 2013 at 11:58 am. Reason: removed link
Old May 21st 2013, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

T100 is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends where you want to live. There safe places. Good luck mate
Old May 21st 2013, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

northsi77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone so far.
As I suspected, some people think its really dangerous and some dont. I'll just have to keep my ear to the ground and take a punt.
Old May 21st 2013, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Sihealey is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be very interested to see a list of the places that T100 considers safe
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Stolla is an unknown quantity at this point

Sihealey, thats absolutely rubbish. Living in Cape Town for 9 years now and never ever had anything happen to me or my family. was on holiday in December in Paris and was robbed on our 3th day there. Yes there are places in South-Africa to avoid but so are they in the rest of the world.

northsi77, if you go for one of the big city's Cape Town will be the safest and best. BUT all the best jobs and money will be in Johannesburg also that will be the City with the most crime yes. Try to avoid the Gauteng Province. Western Cape is the Safest and most beautiful any case.