Intro

Old Feb 28th 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

clayts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intro

Hey all, I've very recently joined as I am looking to emigrate to Australia (probably Melbourne) late next year/ early 2019. I am an Engineering Officer in the RAF and will hope that a degree in Engineering Management will help me find work in something similar, or on a project team. My wife is just over half way through an International Hospitality Management degree which she will finish before we head over. I have started my research and hope to fly out next year to confirm we really like the place, but one of our main concerns is finding employment. Can anyone offer advice as to whether gaining this type of career is viable before the move or will I be coming out unemployed and searching whilst in Australia? Thank you, any advice would be great.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intro

Warm welcome to BE. So you and your wife are hoping to emigrate to Australia in 2018. Have you lined up your visas yet? If not, may I suggest that you check out the Australia forum's immigration and visa section. Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) - British Expats You will find many answers there. If not, ask your question and one of the kind souls who have been there, done that, will be happy to assist you and your wife.

Of course, the other Australian sections are great places to learn the ins and outs of living in OZ.

If you have any questions or run into any difficulties with the site, please give a holler to one of the moderators who will be happy to help.

When you have a moment, please have a read of the site rules. Good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

clayts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rete, I'll have a look. We'll be bringing my son as well and as he is still in primary school, time is on our side with regards to his education.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 6:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary