Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Info on making the the move to Canada

Info on making the the move to Canada

Old Jul 2nd 2017, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Elmfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Info on making the the move to Canada

Hi Everyone. I am new to this site and after a little bit of help. I have been working as a gas engineer for the last 18 years here in the UK. My wife and I have toyed with the idea of relocating and recently discussed doing it. We are initially looking into the Sudbury area. We will intend on visiting early next year to check out it out along with a few more locations.
The help I need is this.
How can I get my credentials recognised and can I do it before I get there?
Are employers likely to offer a job before we arrive?
What's the easiest way to enrol kids into school?
Is it easy to rent houses upon arrival?
The list of questions I have is endless but with a little research I'm getting there I just require the help of somebody who has done this with a family.
Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Elmfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info on making the the move to Canada

Hi Geoff52
Not work related as I will go anywhere the work is. More for how many ch house you get for your money and the friendly community for the kids. I am deff Barely open to any suggestions which may help resettling a smooth process.
Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 12:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn and it is where we like new members to introduce themselves. As you have posted in the Inn twice with questions regarding a future move to Canada, please have a read of the site rules linked on the beiger header above and then repost your questions regarding immigrating to Canada in the Canadian forum found here Canada - British Expats

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 12:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Geoff and thanks for welcoming Elmfam to BE

Since this is the Welcome Inn and we try to discourage immigration questions and answers in this forum, I have directed the OP to post his concerns in the Canadian forum

Thanks again for your participation.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary