Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Y'All - Brit in Texas

Hi Y'All - Brit in Texas

Old May 28th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Anne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really nice
Default Hi Y'All - Brit in Texas

Hi,

I'm a Brit in Texas. Been here 12 years, first in Houston now moving to Austin. Lived in the Netherlands for five years before that and eighteen months in Munich before that.

I can't believe I've only just found this site - where have you lot been?

I've enjoyed reading through some of the posts for the past day or so - the tone of the site is just so British, it's very interesting to compare with a couple of other US sites I frequent.

DH is watching Man U on the telly at the moment so I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself. My real name is not Anne. I 'did' Jane Austen's Persuasion for 'A' level and always had a soft spot for her heroine.

I hope to be able to contribute where I can....
Old May 28th 2011, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Y'All

Originally Posted by Anne Elliot
Hi,

I'm a Brit in Texas. Been here 12 years, first in Houston now moving to Austin. Lived in the Netherlands for five years before that and eighteen months in Munich before that.

I've enjoyed reading through some of the posts for the past day or so - the tone of the site is just so British, it's very interesting to compare with a couple of other US sites I frequent.

DH is watching Man U on the telly at the moment so I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself. My real name is not Anne. I 'did' Jane Austen's Persuasion for 'A' level and always had a soft spot for her heroine.

Hello Anne...welcome to BE. I'm pleased you've found us at last.

BE is very British but our membership isn't limited to just Brits. We have several American members that are honorary Brits...they are the ones that get our sense of humour.

From what you've said you've most likely already found your way into our US Forums...why don't you jump in and join in the fun?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old May 28th 2011, 8:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

The members on the forum are a friendly and helpful lot so join in and have some fun.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2011, 1:27 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Anne Elliot;9394044

I can't believe I've only just found this site - where have you lot been?[/QUOTE]

We were just down the corridor and around a corner or two So glad you have found us and joined our little community and I hope you will stick around.

Plenty of us around if you get stuck so don't hesitate to give us a shout
Old May 29th 2011, 10:00 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Leave, leave now. Never come back. You'll thank me in the end.
Old May 29th 2011, 11:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Leave, leave now. Never come back. You'll thank me in the end.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Welcome to BE. We're a (mostly) nice bunch here. Have you checked out the US forum? There's loads of Brits in Texas there. Also check out the Lounge section. You'll find people from all over the world who hang out there.
Old May 29th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Anne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really niceAnne Elliot is just really nice
Default Re: Hi Y'All - Brit in Texas

Thanks for the welcome. I'd found the US forums but hadn't scrolled down the page far enough to find the Lounge, Take It Outside etc.

I have been sitting here this morning howling with laughter and DH was intrigued so he's now lurking....

Is it going to cause a problem if he registers (same ISP and all that?) I suggested to him that he should be 'Captain Wentworth', but that went over well as you can imagine....
Old May 29th 2011, 2:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. I'd found the US forums but hadn't scrolled down the page far enough to find the Lounge, Take It Outside etc.

I have been sitting here this morning howling with laughter and DH was intrigued so he's now lurking....

Is it going to cause a problem if he registers (same ISP and all that?) I suggested to him that he should be 'Captain Wentworth', but that went over well as you can imagine....
We ask members of the same family to inform us if they register with BE...that way we know that multiple usernames aren't being used by one person.

Talking of The Lounge...here's a funny thread for you to read.
Old May 29th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Quote: "We ask members of the same family to inform us if they register with BE...that way we know that multiple usernames aren't being used by one person."

Sorry, I'm having trouble with quoting on this forum - there's no 'quote' button. So, how do you quote, also how do you 'inform' the mods for multiple posters from one family?

Maybe we could talk to one another... we do actually... but I don't like sport or computers/hifi much... he could find more sensible responses here
Old May 29th 2011, 3:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: "We ask members of the same family to inform us if they register with BE...that way we know that multiple usernames aren't being used by one person."

Sorry, I'm having trouble with quoting on this forum - there's no 'quote' button. So, how do you quote, also how do you 'inform' the mods for multiple posters from one family?

Maybe we could talk to one another... we do actually... but I don't like sport or computers/hifi much... he could find more sensible responses here
The quote button is on the bottom right hand side of each post along with a multy quote button and a quick reply button.

You can send a PM to the moderator to discuss you both signing up as members.

Enjoy.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2011, 3:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

We have quite a few husband and wife members. It is quite funny sometimes when they 'chat' to each other on the forums...especially as they are probably sitting in the same room.

Have you found the quote tab yet?
Old May 29th 2011, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Have you found the quote tab yet?
Eureka! I was looking for it after I'd already gone to 'reply'....

Also, could you help me with a profile picture. I found one within the regulation 100 x 100 pixels, I put the URL in, the image shows on my screen, but when I go to 'save' or something like that, the computer says Noooo

Actually it says 'upload of file failed' I tried again with a smaller image 80 x 80, still no luck....

Last edited by Anne Elliot; May 29th 2011 at 3:30 pm. Reason: add info
Old May 29th 2011, 3:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

You've "informed us." Just hit click here when he's joined and let me know his username
Old May 29th 2011, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Eureka! I was looking for it after I'd already gone to 'reply'....

Also, could you help me with a profile picture. I found one within the regulation 100 x 100 pixels, I put the URL in, the image shows on my screen, but when I go to 'save' or something like that, the computer says Noooo
Are you sure it's 100 x 100 pixels? Perhaps try something smaller.
Old May 29th 2011, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
You've "informed us." Just hit click here when he's joined and let me know his username
thanks - he may not do it - he's a finicky bugger....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.