Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hope to move to Nova Scotia

Hope to move to Nova Scotia

Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Rommel_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Hope to move to Nova Scotia

My family and I are hoping to move to NS sometime in the near future. We obviously have many questions and have searched through other sites as well. I have lived in Gibraltar and Germany as well as the UK but my girlfriend has never lived abroad and is obviously nervous ,Our main thoughts are the living costs I.e a milk bread etc... we have looked at housing and are happy with the prices. I am a class 1 HGV Driver and will obviously be hoping to find a job in this line of work and am wondering if any one can give any info on the average wage for a driver etc... any info infact would be a help. thank you in advance and hope to see some of you soon lol
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope to move to Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by Rommel_UK
My family and I are hoping to move to NS sometime in the near future. We obviously have many questions and have searched through other sites as well. I have lived in Gibraltar and Germany as well as the UK but my girlfriend has never lived abroad and is obviously nervous ,Our main thoughts are the living costs I.e a milk bread etc... we have looked at housing and are happy with the prices. I am a class 1 HGV Driver and will obviously be hoping to find a job in this line of work and am wondering if any one can give any info on the average wage for a driver etc... any info infact would be a help. thank you in advance and hope to see some of you soon lol
Hi there, and welcome to BE.

There is loads of info in the Canada forums, a quick search for 'cost of living' should bring up lots of threads for you to read, but in general the cost of living in Canada is about the same as the UK. Some things, such as gas (petrol) are cheaper, but others, such as groceries, are more, so in the end it tends to even out.

Best of luck with it all, and hope to see you in the Canada forums soon.

Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Rommel_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hope to move to Nova Scotia

Thank you for that mate will have a look now. Not really used forums before but will hope to get the hang of it soon lol.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 27th 2012, 11:38 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rommel

I see you have already been pointed in the direction of the Canada forum, where you can chat with other expats who have made the move. I am sure those who are posting there from NS will be only to happy to offer you lots of useful tips and advice to help your move go smoothly.
That just leaves me to wish you all the very best with your plans - enjoy making new friends in your new neighbourhood to be

Dread - x