British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hiya from a Brit living in NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hiya-brit-living-nz-893750/)

Gypsy888 Mar 11th 2017 9:31 am

Hiya from a Brit living in NZ

Hello everyone :wave:
I grew up in the North-West of England to the age of 7,with three older siblings (still in UK) then South-East with mother until age 13. My mother re-married and emigrated to South Australia with my step-father & myself. I hated it.
Ended up staying in Australia for a few decades. Been in New Zealand now for 10 years. I still yearn for "Home" ... being England. I go home to visit family when I can afford to. I have always wanted to go back but get put off by others telling me all the negatives. I'm relatively unattached now ;) with no children ... just 2 dogs & a kitten. Thinking about making the move.
Bye for now, Heloise :decision:

mikelincs Mar 11th 2017 9:40 am

Re: Hiya from a Brit living in NZ

Originally Posted by Gypsy888 (Post 12202295)
Hello everyone :wave:
I grew up in the North-West of England to the age of 7,with three older siblings (still in UK) then South-East with mother until age 13. My mother re-married and emigrated to South Australia with my step-father & myself. I hated it.
Ended up staying in Australia for a few decades. Been in New Zealand now for 10 years. I still yearn for "Home" ... being England. I go home to visit family when I can afford to. I have always wanted to go back but get put off by others telling me all the negatives. I'm relatively unattached now ;) with no children ... just 2 dogs & a kitten. Thinking about making the move.
Bye for now, Heloise :decision:

Welcome to BE.

We hope you have a fruitful time on here, please take a little time to read the rules of the site, and if you have aany site related problems moderators are here to help, you can find their names, in bold, at the bottom right of each forum.

Please do NOT listen to all those people spouting negatives, they all have their own agendas, there are very many people who have returned from Oz and NZ and are very happy. You should do your own research particularly as to where you would like to move back to, some places are a lot better then others, and yes, there are problems in some places, but they are no worse than in other countries, and the UK is a lot better than mnay places.

Rete Mar 11th 2017 1:07 pm

Good morning and welcome to BE

Don't you just want to shut down those naysayers when they sprout their opinions. Don't listen to them but to yourself.

We have a great forum that you might like to visit and participate in Moving back to the UK - British Expats So many expats have returned home and their stories are all there. Also there is lots of info on what to expect when you get there, i.e. NHS, etc.

Good luck to you.

Rosemary Mar 15th 2017 3:33 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary