Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by anne55
Hi Johnh009 Caught your mention of "The Superstore" but not sure what that is? can you enlighten me. (Another bloody Yorkshire lass ) We are returning to FL this weekend after 3 years away, been around in the US for the last 20years except for a 18month stint back in the UK.
Sorry, I did not notice you were in Florida. The Superstore is in Canada. But I am sure you can get the frozen Yorkshire puds in the US.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:31 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by anne55
Hey be careful christian. It might be your old girlfriends Mother
... that was many, many years ago -although she was a good cook and liked good food too- but by now ...
she has surely died and gone to Leeds

Last edited by Christian; Apr 29th 2011 at 7:40 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christian
Cheers for that! Had never seen them here, but then was never really looking. Told another (local) expat what you said, and she told me where I could find them in the next city over at a British foods shop
Yes, once you have plonked a large portion of mushy peas on top and they have gone nice and suitably soggy, no one will ever know there were store bought.

They bring them over on Yorkshire Airlines, watch their promotional clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
But I am sure you can get the frozen Yorkshire puds in the US.
Actually not, but if I ask really nicely, my husband will make them for our Sunday dinner.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meauxna
Actually not, but if I ask really nicely, my husband will make them for our Sunday dinner.
Well, there's a business opportunity for you. The puds I mean, not your husband.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 11:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there's a business opportunity for you. The puds I mean, not your husband.
You're a right thinking BE-er.
Old May 1st 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meauxna
You're a right thinking BE-er.
Trouble is, you will then have to educate the whole nation on how to eat with a knife and fork as opposed to just a fork.
Old May 1st 2011, 6:57 pm

Trouble is, you will then have to educate the whole nation on how to eat with a knife and fork as opposed to just a fork.
uh-oh.
Old May 1st 2011, 7:04 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Bradford lass live in the Panhandle?
Old May 1st 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

rumpuss will become famous soon enough

Hi I want to ask a question about health issue in Spain but don't know how to do it, this is the only way I can see to get on - can anyone help please
Old May 1st 2011, 7:48 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rumpuss
Hi I want to ask a question about health issue in Spain but don't know how to do it, this is the only way I can see to get on - can anyone help please
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Old May 1st 2011, 8:06 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rumpuss
Hi Rumpuss

You will need to post that on our Spain forum, which you will find by clicking on the link in the post immediately above.

Dread - x
Old May 1st 2011, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

rumpuss will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Rumpuss

You will need to post that on our Spain forum, which you will find by clicking on the link in the post immediately above.

Dread - x
thanks for replies
Old May 12th 2011, 5:51 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Yes, once you have plonked a large portion of mushy peas on top and they have gone nice and suitably soggy, no one will ever know there were store bought.

They bring them over on Yorkshire Airlines, watch their promotional clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
As God is my witness, 1 minute 19 seconds in to that video, the Air Hostess with the cross-over pinny -à la Hilda Ogden- dishing up the mushy peas is the dead spit for the woman that was very nearly my mother-in-law!

BTW: I love mushy peas! And you can get the genuine article -and for a reasonable price- at some of the Loblaws subsidiaries ...

Batchelors Bigga Dried Peas: Selected Marrowfats! Right from the UK!

... they have to put the French on the packets with stickers! (Don't go for the 'Quick Soak' ... you want the old fashioned ones your Mum left covered over night! )

Thanks again, John, for that YouTube video ... and for the tip about where to get Yorkshire puds!

Last edited by Christian; May 12th 2011 at 5:57 am.
Old May 12th 2011, 6:15 am

Thumbs up Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by byecklass
Hi everyone,
I am an ex-Yorkshire Lass living in Florida. Trying to educate all of my american friends about toad in the hole, scones and christmas cakes - its very difficult
Glad to be here, very glad I found you all
Byecklass love, I don't think anyone has ever started a more enjoyable -or popular- introductory post!

And I still want a table if you ever open up that cafe ... and mine's a Spotted Dick for afters! ... (God alone knows what a Yank may think of that statement should one stumble onto this post ... only I don't care! )

... and if you ever get tired of your husband ... you just bring your Bero book and I'll bring the ring!

Last edited by Christian; May 12th 2011 at 6:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.