Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:23 am
Just Joined

byecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nice
Default Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Hi everyone,
I am an ex-Yorkshire Lass living in Florida. Trying to educate all of my american friends about toad in the hole, scones and christmas cakes - its very difficult
Glad to be here, very glad I found you all
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Originally Posted by byecklass
Hi everyone,
I am an ex-Yorkshire Lass living in Florida. Trying to educate all of my american friends about toad in the hole, scones and christmas cakes - its very difficult

Well hello fellow Yorkie...welcome aboard.

Where in the Sunshine State are you and how long have you lived in the US? BE is quite a large site so I'll give you a few links to start you off. Many of our members who post in the US Forums live in Florida.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:41 am
Just Joined

byecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nicebyecklass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Where in the Sunshine State are you and how long have you lived in the US? BE is quite a large site so I'll give you a few links to start you off. Many of our members who post in the US Forums live in Florida.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Been here nine years..........living in the Florida Panhandle.

Thanks for all the links. I see you are also from Yorkshire, what part? I grew up in York (the tourist capital of North Yorkshire!!!) :-)
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome and useful info Jerseygirl. I live in the Florida Panhandle (North West).
I see you are also originally from Yorkshire, what part? I grew up in York (the tourist capital of North Yorkshire!!!!) :-)
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:56 am
Just Joined

I've been in the US for nine years - living in the Florida Panhandle (north west). Loving everything but GRITS :-)
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome and useful links Jerseygirl.

I have been in the US for nine years, living in The Florida Panhandle (north west Florida).
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Byecklass! You may have to educate me on toad in the hole too (American here). Welcome to BE and please don't hesitate to ask if I can help you find your way around the site.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Welcome Byecklass! You may have to educate me on toad in the hole too (American here). Welcome to BE and please don't hesitate to ask if I can help you find your way around the site.
It's Yorkshire Pudding baked in a large tin...sausages are dropped into the batter before it's put in the oven.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

It's Yorkshire Pudding baked in a large tin...sausages are dropped into the batter before it's put in the oven.
Ah - thank you ma'am.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:17 am
Just Joined

And now that Publix is stocking "ethnic" British food I have an excellent source for box mix of Yorkshire Pudding - my poor mother is probably turning in her grave at me using a box mix but you do what you have to to get your food fixes in foreign lands
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:28 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hi - Yorkshire Lass in Florida

Hi everyone,
Welcome Byecklass,

You know how to interest a man quick enough ... just talk real English food!

I could burn water until I found myself on my todd, but I can actually do a Yorkshire Pudding now, that doesn't turn out like a pancake, and I'll fry a couple of sausages lightly first, for the fat, and throw the Yorkshire batter on them -for want of proper dripping- to make Toad in the Hole. (My Bubble and Squeak however, more 'fizzles and burns' ... ... any cookery tips gratefully received!)

And it goes without saying: I don't half wish you were 'my' neighbour! I'd find some excuse to come round more often than the postman if you're dishing up English fare!

With every good wish,
Christian

Last edited by Christian; Apr 14th 2011 at 7:33 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Hmmm, looks like the posts thatI did not think had posted.........HAD!

The joys of being new to the world of forums!!!

As for the English cooking..............I live by my Bero book for most things - everything else I rely on 30 years and a good teacher (my mum )
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hmmm, looks like the posts thatI did not think had posted.........HAD!

The joys of being new to the world of forums!!!

As for the English cooking..............I live by my Bero book for most things - everything else I rely on 30 years and a good teacher (my mum )
Sorry about that. As a new member if your posts or a post you have quoted contains any links it is automatically put into the moderation queue for approval. This is to stop spammers using the forums to advertise their goods/services. There shouldn't be a delay in seeing your posts now...you have passed the spammers test.

Bero cooking book...crickey that's a blast from the past. I had an old sephia one that mum had...it must be about 70/80 years old now.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Bero cooking book...crickey that's a blast from the past. I had an old sephia one that mum had...it must be about 70/80 years old now.

Sounds like your book and mine are probably from the same print run. I have a couple of newer versions too but they are just not the same - falling apart and rough around the edges seems to make the food taste so much better
Apparently Bero recipes are now available online
Old Apr 15th 2011, 5:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Byecklass

Welcome to BE - I can see from your posts so far that you're gonna have lots of fun on the forum.
Oh for toad in the hole - one of the most fabbie foods on the English palate - along with roast dinners and proper cakes.
If I am ever in Florida I shall be knocking on your cyber door to scrounge dinner !!!

Have fun

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.