Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi - would love some advice please

Hi - would love some advice please

Old Dec 24th 2010, 10:23 am
Just Joined

IntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really nice
Default Hi - would love some advice please

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether anyone would be able to advise on where would be an ideal country to move too, and provide links to some job sites.

I am a single female who has had enough of living in London, I am currently a Training Manager and responsible for the whole spectrum of recruitment, training and assessing of personnel within my company. I have already looked a lot into various countries like Dubai, Canada, Bahrain but unfortunatly Canada don't seem to be accepting any more business workers on their skilled worker program, plus i'm struggling to find jobs similar to mine on any of the websites (mostly seem to be school education).

Can anyone please tell me where is an ideal location that is safe for a single female in her 30s to move too.

Many thanks

IntriguedGirl x
Old Dec 24th 2010, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - would love some advice please

Originally Posted by IntriguedGirl
Hi there,

I was just wondering whether anyone would be able to advise on where would be an ideal country to move too, and provide links to some job sites.

I am a single female who has had enough of living in London, I am currently a Training Manager and responsible for the whole spectrum of recruitment, training and assessing of personnel within my company. I have already looked a lot into various countries like Dubai, Canada, Bahrain but unfortunatly Canada don't seem to be accepting any more business workers on their skilled worker program, plus i'm struggling to find jobs similar to mine on any of the websites (mostly seem to be school education).

Can anyone please tell me where is an ideal location that is safe for a single female in her 30s to move too.

Many thanks

IntriguedGirl x
Hi there...welcome to BE.

I'm not quite sure as to which forum to direct you to... maybe to start with why don't you try our General Europe forum? If a European country isn't for you perhaps a country on this list may appeal.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

IntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really niceIntriguedGirl is just really nice

Hi Jersey girl,

thanks for replying. I kept my request quite vague as I wanted to see whether people had any specific information for single females, i'm not keen on Europe only due to languages, I only know basic Spanish (even though I lived there for a number of years).

I'll have a bit of a trawl though through the different forums, to be honest though I think that my preferences are the USA (Florida, Maine, California, New York), Caribbean, Dubai and Australia. So i'm very flexible lol!

Cheers

IntriguedGirl x
Old Dec 24th 2010, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey girl,

thanks for replying. I kept my request quite vague as I wanted to see whether people had any specific information for single females, i'm not keen on Europe only due to languages, I only know basic Spanish (even though I lived there for a number of years).

I'll have a bit of a trawl though through the different forums, to be honest though I think that my preferences are the USA (Florida, Maine, California, New York), Caribbean, Dubai and Australia. So i'm very flexible lol!

Cheers

IntriguedGirl x
If you can't get into Canada you probably won't be able to move to the US unless you marry a nice American guy. America is one of the hardest countries for Brits to move to. I was going to suggest Australia but didn't know if you wanted to move to the other side of the planet.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 24th 2010 at 4:23 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 12:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Many thanks

IntriguedGirl x
Hi IntriguedGirl,

Welcome to BE. You've certainly come to the right place to chat about living in different countries. We've got members from all over the globe here. Anyway I hope that you enjoy being part of our community.

I don't know how old you are, but if you are initially looking at working abroad for a short period of time you could try BUNAC

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:04 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Many thanks

IntriguedGirl x
I got a job as a Training & Development Manager with a small-ish, international company at their offices just outside London. After two years there I spotted an opportunity to get my job relocated to the States and pitched it to my boss. Six months later I moved to the US on a work-sponsored visa with all costs paid by my employer! That was five years ago, and I am now a permanent resident with the opportunity to apply for citizenship next year if I wish. It can be done! Good luck.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Many thanks

IntriguedGirl x
Hi, I am the Concierge for the Middle East Forum, things are a bit quiet in Dubai but you might stand a chance in AD, welcome