Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi USA/UK 2Bretired

Hi USA/UK 2Bretired

Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future2bretired has a brilliant future
Default Hi USA/UK 2Bretired

Hi all,
I originally came from Great Britain to LA. With thanks to Albert Hammond ( It never rains in California fame.) Worked in the entertainment business behind the camera and now retired for some time in my early 60's looking at going back to UK to take care of my aged parents.
The unknown is if I move back will I stay or return to Los Angeles. I like the sun and am not sure if I can get used to the rain again. Its nice to be able to Barbeque whenever you want without worrying that it is going to rain.

Other than that this looks like a nice forum. Bob

PS it is pouring with rain here today.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi USA/UK 2Bretired

Originally Posted by 2bretired
Hi all,
I originally came from Great Britain to LA. With thanks to Albert Hammond ( It never rains in California fame.) Worked in the entertainment business behind the camera and now retired for some time in my early 60's looking at going back to UK to take care of my aged parents.
The unknown is if I move back will I stay or return to Los Angeles. I like the sun and am not sure if I can get used to the rain again. Its nice to be able to Barbeque whenever you want without worrying that it is going to rain.

Other than that this looks like a nice forum. Bob

PS it is pouring with rain here today.
Hello Bob and welcome to BE.

Here are links to our US forums and Moving Back To The UK forums. You may be interested in both forums...it will help you glimpse into the lives of expats on both side of the pond.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi USA/UK 2Bretired

Welcome to BE