Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi there - Thinking of Japan

Hi there - Thinking of Japan

Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

PurpleMontart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi there - Thinking of Japan

Hi, I'm Sam, but I usually go by PurpleMontart (or Purple or Montart or whatever) on internet forums Call me what you want, though, I'll probably answer.

I'm 20, currently living in a wee town in Scotland and attending the University of the West of Scotland (I'm about to go into my last year).

I am very interested in Japan (all aspects of it; the culture, the language, the history, the politics, the economy and so on and so on), and am planning a trip in October. I'm also thinking of emigrating there eventually, but we'll see how the holiday goes first
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 8th 2011, 3:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PurpleMontart
Hi, I'm Sam, but I usually go by PurpleMontart (or Purple or Montart or whatever) on internet forums Call me what you want, though, I'll probably answer.

I'm 20, currently living in a wee town in Scotland and attending the University of the West of Scotland (I'm about to go into my last year).

I am very interested in Japan (all aspects of it; the culture, the language, the history, the politics, the economy and so on and so on), and am planning a trip in October. I'm also thinking of emigrating there eventually, but we'll see how the holiday goes first
Hi there Sam...welcome aboard.

IMO it's always a good plan to do a reccie of the country by visiting it before you move there.

I'm sorry we don't have a dedicated forum for Japan but we do have a General Far East Forum which you may be interested in.

To help guide you around the forums we have a team of concierges...the concierges for the Far East Forums are bakedbean and nonthaburi...they will be pleased to help you find your way around the site.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. We do not have a dedicated mod for the FE forums...therefore if you need assistance please contact a mod from this list....the moderators' names are printed in bold print.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:00 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Purple and welcome to BE I see you're a regular Forumer (is that a word? duh) so you'll probably know that Forums are what you make of them and sometimes you just have to start slow and build them up. BE is a huge forum but there's not so many postings about Japan. You'll find a few but please do put in a few postings with your queries on the general Far East section and see if we can get some responses.

All the best with your planning. I've never been to Japan unfortunately but hear lots of good things about the country and the people.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 6:33 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam

Welcome to BE.
It sounds like you have some really great adventures to come so I wish you all the best with your plans, and I hope you find some fun on our Far East forum.
Have a great trip to Japan too

Dread - x
Old Jun 12th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

PurpleMontart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Sam

Welcome to BE.
It sounds like you have some really great adventures to come so I wish you all the best with your plans, and I hope you find some fun on our Far East forum.
Have a great trip to Japan too

Dread - x
Thank's for the welcomes

I'll definitely have a look around. Expect questions, because I expect I'll be asking loads
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PurpleMontart
Thank's for the welcomes

I'll definitely have a look around. Expect questions, because I expect I'll be asking loads
Welcome to BE, looks like you are settling in ok. I hope you enjoy your time with us.