Hi there!

Old Nov 26th 2016, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice
Default Hi there!

I am a British pensioner, currently living in Spain. My family who live in the United States have suggested I move over. Can I be included on their healthcare plan for an additional premium?
Old Nov 26th 2016, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there!

Are any of your family US citizens? If not then you have little chance. Others will be along soon with better info but meanwhile look at Pulaskis Wiki on moving to America where it lists all the possible visas and see if will qualify for any of them.

good luck!
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there!

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
I am a British pensioner, currently living in Spain. My family who live in the United States have suggested I move over. Can I be included on their healthcare plan for an additional premium?
Hi and welcome to BE

Moving over to the US is going to very difficult for you unless you have children living there who are US Citizens or a US Citizen wife. You need an immediate relative to petition for you to live in the US. You are free to visit us but only for the 90 days allowed under the VWP and if you are not eligible for the VWP because of a criminal background or a past overstay in the US, then you will need a tourist visa.

You will need your own healthcare plan and as a senior I would suggest that the cost would be prohibitive for the average pensioner.

May I direct you to our USA forum. There are multiple threads on just this subject and some very knowledgeable people who can sort you out on this problem. Be forewarned, however, the first question they will ask you will be what kind of visa will you be getting to live in the US.

Rete