Reload this Page >

Hi from Tampa, FL

Hi from Tampa, FL

Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Undefeckable will become famous soon enough
Default Hi from Tampa, FL

Hullo,

Decided to sign up after reading these forum's for quite some time...

It's been a great resource for my move from Paisley to Tampa last June, and 'Fatbrit's Guide to Credit and Finance' has been my financial bible since arrival.

Transferred over here on an L1A, and about to start the scary green card process.

Overall it's been a really positive experience dealing with the 'septic tanks' so far - I think it's a pretty easy place to blend into, and i don't think I came over here with any unrealistic expectations, just taking it as it comes.

Sports here confuse the hell out of me, Hockey is growing on me as it seems to have the simplest rules. (put the puck in the goal, if someone gets in the way, beat 7 shades of sh*te out of him).

Settling in nicely, and hope to give back some advice from my experience here so far to anyone who's in the same situation as I was last year.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. I love how the spell checker on this forum wants to change "fatbrit's" to 'fatbirds'. Must be provided by Viz or something....
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Tampa, FL

Hello...welcome to BE.

Living in the NE I admit I'm a little jealous of people living in Florida right now. Although we didn't really venture into Tampa...we looked around the Clearwater area during the summer.

You may want to take a look at our US forums. Just shout out if you require any assitance navigating your way through the many BE forums.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Undefeckable will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the weather's a big bonus.

Although, I had frost on my car here a couple of weeks ago... not best pleased!

Naturally my [tongue firmly in my cheek] complaints to friends and family back home fell on deaf ears as they were all freezing their arses off big time over the festive period.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Undefeckable
Yeah, the weather's a big bonus.

Although, I had frost on my car here a couple of weeks ago... not best pleased!

Naturally my [tongue firmly in my cheek] complaints to friends and family back home fell on deaf ears as they were all freezing their arses off big time over the festive period.
We had frost this morning...which is very unusual. Although our temps may be freezing or below in winter the air is dry...so we don't usually get frost like they do in the damp UK.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Undefeckable
P.S. I love how the spell checker on this forum wants to change "fatbrit's" to 'fatbirds'.
Oh see, there's something to love about everyone!
(I get 'fatuity' as an option, which is also hilarious!)