Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi! Researching a move from Wales to New York....

Hi! Researching a move from Wales to New York....

Old Jun 28th 2013, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Hannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the rough
Cool Hi! Researching a move from Wales to New York....

Hi,

Just need to know everything we can about moving from the UK to New York. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and hello!!!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi! Researching a move from Wales to New York....

Welcome to BE

Pop on over to the dedicated USA forum where the good folks on there are more than willing to give their experiences and some advice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah83
Hi,

Just need to know everything we can about moving from the UK to New York. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and hello!!!
Hi there.

Please visit the US forums, and please check out the wiki and immigration part to see what visa, if any, you are eligible for. Not wanting to dampen your hopes, but the US is probably the hardest country to get a visa for unless you are married to a USC or about to do so, or have a great deal of money to invest.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 7:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 30th 2013, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Hannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the roughHannah83 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks both,

I hope it's not too difficult and I hope we don't need too much money to do it or it'll take a lot longer to get out there!

Thanks for the input - I've got some Sunday reading to do I think!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

I've read through the wiki info and several posts by others and I'm worried now that our dream of living and working in US is going to be unattainable.

Someone mentioned Canada is a lot easier? Also, I've been emailing newspapers and salons about jobs (I have more than 10years experience as a journalist/editor and page designer) and have my journalism degree. I am also a trained hair stylist and wanted to do this before coming home to set up my own salon and PR firm.
My partner works for a bank and he's found several jobs that he can apply for - is this a fruitless task too?

Spirits are feeling low at the moment. Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2013, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Why not post in the main US forum? Give them all the details of your skills and situation and they'll soon help and tell you if there's a visa you would qualify for.

This part of BE is really just for introductions so your post may not get seen by the visa pros.

Best of luck with it. And if the US proves unlikely, I'll see you in the Canada forums!
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Ah good idea! Thanks very much - ill copy and paste and cross my fingers now. If not - see you in the Canada forums!