Reload this Page >

Hi from new member in UK

Hi from new member in UK

Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

ianman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from new member in UK

Hello forum this is my first post.

I am just starting to put the feelers out to find out about working abroad in particular Qatar as it seems like a fairly westernised part of the Middle East I have wanted to do this for a few years but now the family situation is right for the wife and me reading though some of the post on this forum and actually making this post is I guess my first steps towards doing something about it.

I am 42 and current employment who I have been with for 25 years is with BT Openreach I have worked as field engineer almost since school on everything to do with copper cables jointing fault finding amongst other areas and for the last few years fibre jointing on FTTX.

As yet I have not even created a C.V but I was interested if anyone else has found work abroad coming from a similar background to me I have always found forums the greatest places for factual and real information so hence me starting this post.

I had a look in the job specific section but there did not appear to be anything related to the Telecom industry but hopefully members will be able to give me some useful info.

Many thanks

Ian
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from new member in UK

Welcome
Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:53 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ianman

Welcome to BE.

I see you are already finding your feet in our Midle East forum which is exactly the right place to chat with other expats already living and working in Qatar. Hopefully you are gathering some useful info in the process as well as making some new friends.

That just leaves me to wish you all the very best with your plans and the exciting changes ahead for you

Dread - x
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary