Reload this Page >

Hi From Kingskid - Calgary Bound

Hi From Kingskid - Calgary Bound

Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

kingskid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi From Kingskid - Calgary Bound

Hello everyone,

been following the very interesting threads here and decided to join in as I am sure I will be having many questions your kind selves will be helping with with

My first question please is that I am hoping to relocate to calgary in April 2010 as an ACCA qualified accountant and was wondering if it is possible at all to get a job before leaving the UK?

Has anyone done this please? Advise on how to go about it needed as will be nice to have something arranged before landing. Know that is beong very ambitious but gat to try.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:43 am
Just Joined

SussexGeezer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi From Kingskid - Calgary Bound

Hello Kingskid: Long time Expat living in Alberta; started in Calgary before moving to Edmonton. Probably know a lot about Calgary and Canada that may be helpful. Many years ago my wife and I were accepted as immigrants provided I had a job to come to. Back then the best we could do was look through the Yellow Pages at the Canadian Embassy and pick out likely companies to write to (before personal computer and the internet). I was lucky in getting a job offer sight unseen and that the offer was in Calgary. Good luck on you search, if you have any general questions I'd be happy to assist.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you both!

You can find the Canada forums here, for your Canada-specific questions!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Old Nov 16th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

kingskid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SussexGeezer
Hello Kingskid: Long time Expat living in Alberta; started in Calgary before moving to Edmonton. Probably know a lot about Calgary and Canada that may be helpful. Many years ago my wife and I were accepted as immigrants provided I had a job to come to. Back then the best we could do was look through the Yellow Pages at the Canadian Embassy and pick out likely companies to write to (before personal computer and the internet). I was lucky in getting a job offer sight unseen and that the offer was in Calgary. Good luck on you search, if you have any general questions I'd be happy to assist.
Thanks very much. Will try to do the ACCA conversion to CGA and see how it goes. Hoping will not take too long to find a suitable job as that will go a very long way in settling down.