Reload this Page >

Hi from London

Hi from London

Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from London

Hi all,

I'm Gorb, currently living in and working in London, but have been looking for a good while now to move to either USA or Canada (first choice is USA).

Looks like this forum will be a great place for me to ask the specific questions I've had trouble finding answers to on Google.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

Gorb
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from London

Welcome to BE and good luck!

The US is a tough nut to crack, but the wiki - Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki is a good starting point
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi from London

Thanks Bob!

Yes I realised from my extensive research how difficult getting in to the US for work is. I actually spent a long while finding US companies with UK offices, in my line of work (credit risk), that may eventually transfer me, but thats been a big ask. However, thank you for the link, its very helpful.

Therefore plan B is Canada (not to take anything at all away from Canada, I really like it there - I've just always wanted to move to the US).

Thanks.