Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi, Live in Brum, off to Melbourne but not for 2/3 years

Hi, Live in Brum, off to Melbourne but not for 2/3 years

Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:21 am
Just Joined

PeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nice
Default Hi, Live in Brum, off to Melbourne but not for 2/3 years

Hi all,

After scouring the internet for a good expat forum, I found this one which is cool.

Myself, Pete, and my girlfriend, Rach, are looking at moving to Melbourne in 2013. Well that's the plan. After a difficult few years and feeling like being stuck in a rut, we both sat down one day and decided to give our self selves a deadline for the move instead of talking about it all the time.

Also as we are not married yet (Though the way we are, we might as well be) so we have decided to get married in the beginning of May 2013, 3 week honeymoon doing Route 66 in the US, come home, say our good byes and then make our move to Melbourne.

As Rach is a nurse, and hopefully there is still a good demand for them in 2 years, she will hopefully get her VISA easier than myself. I work in I.T. so I am still working out how easy it would be to get a VISA and job. I have a good google on IT life in OZ but can't find anything but I will keep on looking.

I have always wanted to move to OZ ever since I knew it existed. I don't know what the appeal for the land down under was but I'm glad that Rach thinks the same about it.

Anyway, I am sure I will bore you with other posts so I will say bye for now and finish up on my intro.

Pete

P.S. I have also spoken to Pebble, our cat, and she is happy to move as well. Just in case you wondered
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, Live in Brum, off to Melbourne but not for 2/3 years

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the site, I am so glad you have joined our little community. We've got a great bunch of members here and I'll know you will make lots and lots of friends.

You will find lots of info and discussions going on about Australia in our Australia forum, we've got a chit-chat forum in the shape of the Barbie, and discussions about the ins and outs of migrating to Aus take place in the Citizenship and Immigration forum. Last but by no means least we have a great wiki for your reading pleasure.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and please give me, or any of the mods, a shout if you have any site questions.

Was so pleased to read that the cat is on board too.

Sue
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete...I just wanted to welcome you to BE.

There is a wealth of information about life down under in our Australia forums..and plenty of people who will give you their opinion on it. All the very best with your future plans.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

RuthG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm in Coventry, also a nurse and looking to go probably 2014/15!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

PeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nicePeterWiles is just really nice

Thank you for the welcome. I have been looking over the forum for the last week so thought I would join and start discussing and contributing.

Originally Posted by RuthG
Hi, I'm in Coventry, also a nurse and looking to go probably 2014/15!
Rach is from Coventry, Wyken. What part are you from?

Pete
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:17 am
Just Joined

storm trooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PeterWiles
Hi all,

After scouring the internet for a good expat forum, I found this one which is cool.

Myself, Pete, and my girlfriend, Rach, are looking at moving to Melbourne in 2013. Well that's the plan. After a difficult few years and feeling like being stuck in a rut, we both sat down one day and decided to give our self selves a deadline for the move instead of talking about it all the time.

Also as we are not married yet (Though the way we are, we might as well be) so we have decided to get married in the beginning of May 2013, 3 week honeymoon doing Route 66 in the US, come home, say our good byes and then make our move to Melbourne.

As Rach is a nurse, and hopefully there is still a good demand for them in 2 years, she will hopefully get her VISA easier than myself. I work in I.T. so I am still working out how easy it would be to get a VISA and job. I have a good google on IT life in OZ but can't find anything but I will keep on looking.

I have always wanted to move to OZ ever since I knew it existed. I don't know what the appeal for the land down under was but I'm glad that Rach thinks the same about it.

Anyway, I am sure I will bore you with other posts so I will say bye for now and finish up on my intro.

Pete

P.S. I have also spoken to Pebble, our cat, and she is happy to move as well. Just in case you wondered
Hi Peter,
I live in Solihull. My family and I have recently successfully got our skilled migrant visa. I work for government and my wife in IT. We are in Australia for a visit at the moment and will make our proper move as soon as the exchange rate improves. I am happy to answer any questions & help as much as poss. Drop me an e-mail if u wish. Cheers.