Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi, just joined

Hi, just joined

Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

kentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nice
Default Hi, just joined

Hi, just joined to have a look around and generally get some ideas.
I am a nurse and thinking of working aboard. A good place to start might be by asking if i'm too old, am almost 50. Opinions would be good.....please be kind
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:41 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hi, just joined

Originally Posted by kentish1
I am a nurse and thinking of working aboard. A good place to start might be by asking if i'm too old, am almost 50. Opinions would be good.....please be kind
Welcome Kentish,

I'm rather new myself. Someone will be about in no time to show you the ropes properly.

And in my humble, depending on how you play your cards, 50 can be seen as highly experienced.
Here's hoping!

With every good wish,
Christian
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

kentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nicekentish1 is just really nice
Default Re: Hi, just joined

Hi Christian, yes thanks for that
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kentish1
Hello kentish...welcome to BE.

I will give you a few links to help get you started on the forums. You haven't mentioned what countries you are interested in moving to...but we do have an excellent Nursing Forum.

I recomment you take a look down look down the list of countries in the Living and Moving Abroad forum...just click on the country/countries you are interested in and take a look through the forums. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...there's loads of information in there.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For all other problems or concerns please contact a moderator...their names are located at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold font.

Please give me a shout if you need any help. Good luck.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:32 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kentish

Welcome to BE.
50 - that's not old !!!!

I guess my advice would be to check out the Nursing forum for which Jerseygirl has given you a link. It is probably worth posting your question on there. This forum will also be full of information about working in nursing in different countries, which may help you decide where you fancy going.

Feel free to take a look around any of the forums as they are full of information about the countries concerned and again may help make your mind up.
Most of all, don't be afraid to pop onto any forum and ask questions - and of course have fun chatting too.

Good luck with your plans - I say go for it

Dread - x
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:11 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey... life begins at 50 All the best with your new life.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:28 pm

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hi, just joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hey... life begins at 50 All the best with your new life.
50 ... it's the new 30! ... and you have to admit, if only we knew at 25 what we do at 50!